Liposuction Cost for Double Chin

Hi, I am a healthy, 45 year old female. I have always been thin. The problem I have that concerns me the most is fat accumulating under my chin. How much would it cost to have just my chin liposuctioned?

Chin Liposuctions run roughly $2500

+3

Liposuction of the chin is done under straight local anesthesia with no ugly scars at all and you are back to work in 1 day for a cost of roughly $2500.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the chin is a straightforward procedure

+2

Liposuction of the chin or more specifically the submental area is a straight forward procedure that yields very nice results in the proper patient with relatively little downtime.

What I have found is that it is essential to chose the patient wisely. In a relatively thin individual it would surprise me if it was only an issue of fat underneath the chin that gave you the redundancy you are concerned with. It is important to evaluate the status of the skin and muscle beneath the chin. If you have too much laxity in either the skin or muscle, or perhaps both, for a nicely contoured neck line, these will need to be addressed.

Obviously, the cost of the procedure would depend upon the complexity of the case. More recently, laser lipolysis has enabled me to perform liposuction in some necks with moderate skin laxity yielding very nice results I would previously not have been able to obtain. The laser removes the fat and tightens the skin at the same time.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs neck tightening procedure vs facelift

+2

You can certainly get a quote for liposuction under the chin from several doctors. It usually runs from $2000 to $5000, depending on various factors (anesthetic choice, reputation of doctor, etc.).

But is that the best procedure for your problem?

If the problem is just fat and no loose skin at all (and no anticipated loose skin after the fat is removed), liposuction could indeed be your best choice.

However, if the muscles are loose below the chin, or there is a bad angle that the neck makes with the chin, it is better to tighten the deep layer. Many board certified plastic surgeons perform a neck lift, or platysmaplasty to help this problem at the same time as the liposuction. Our version is an interlacing technique called the Neck-Lace (R).

If there is skin looseness that is either there now or will be there once the fat is removed, do you want to have liposuction only to be left with a turkey neck? To prevent that, many patients benefit from a facelift or lower facelift.

Remember, don't settle for anything less than you "best result"; you're worth it.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/necklace-procedure.php

Liposuction Cost for Double Chin

+1
The price of neck liposuction will depend upon the time required for the surgery.  For many people this can be the most significant change one can make for a relatively small amount of money.
Neck liposuction might be a small procedure, but checking the credentials of your plastic survey and facility are still very important.

Precision, expertise and patience is required to get the best results from chin liposuction. 

Liposuction, as you may have heard in the popular media, is the most commonly performed surgical procedure each year in the United States. Here's a statistic that you may not have heard: the majority of physicians performing liposuction in the United States are not plastic surgeons; in fact, many do not have any formal surgical training whatsoever. It seems hard to believe, but many physicians performing liposuction have had no more training in liposuction than a 'weekend course'. One way to determine whether or not a physician has had appropriate training in a particular surgery is to confirm that they have hospital privileges for that procedure, and that the procedure is being performed in an accredited facility.  I would not be surproised to learn that these physicians will have lower prices and perhaps set prices for surgery

I fear that some practitioners view liposuction as a 'simple' surgery, since it does not involve making large incisions, and it requires little, if any, suturing. Nothing could be further from the truth. Liposuction, in my mind, is a very challenging and rewarding operation that requires careful planning and preparation, and a great deal of care and finesse when it is actually performed. It requires a three-dimensional understanding of the layers of human anatomy, an understanding that is second nature to a surgeon alone. I think that it is often an inadequate understanding of anatomy (and, perhaps, of the body's response to surgery) which leads to the poor results in liposuction that unfortunately are so often seen.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/necklift.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cost of liposuction for double chin.

+1

Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon. There are many variables in price. Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc). Beware of bargain basement pricing. Cheap can become expensive quickly. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon. You may need more than just liposuction to address the chin and neck area.  Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/liposuction

Liposuction of neck for double chin

+1

Liposuction of the chin alone is a relatively limited procedure. Costs typically will range from 2-4,000 USD. However, it is rare that this procedure, by itself, will produce dramatic results.

Liposuction is a good treatment for localized fat deposits

+1

The cost varies by the amount of work and the skill of the surgeon. The cost varies from $2500-4000. It can be done under local or general anesthesia.

Smart Lipo for double chin costs $1200-1800 in my practice

+1

To answer your DIRECT question, fees in my practice range from $1200 to $1800 for 18 watt Smart Lipo. Remember this is only an answer to your direct question. You may need other corrections.

Liposuction costs

+1

Liposuction for your chin will be about $2,000-3,000 depending on how much time it would take to achieve your aesthetic goals and on where you do the surgery (hospital or ambulatory surgicenter.)  The recovery is pretty easy with minimal post-operative discomfort.

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Exam or photos needed to quote liposuction cost

+1

It is difficult to determine a cost associated with the procedure without seeing photos and/or performing an exam. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif