Do I Need Liposuction? Or Maybe CoolSculpting is Enough? (photo)

I am considering to take the liposuction for a while. I am actually not a big guy, I weighted 70kg and 180cm, but my body just lack of clear definition, even i go to gym 3 to 4 times a week. I just feel like i always have some fat that is covering on my chests, stomachs and love handles. Someone told me I only have a very tiny layer of fat, maybe it is enough to go for coolSculpying....

Coolsculpting vs. Liposuction

+1
Coolsculpting may be an option for you. To determine if it is the best option, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your surgical options vs coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting for fatty areas

+1
You seem like a really good candidate for coolsculpting because you are in good shape and exercise and continue to do so.  An in office consultation is really the only proper way to see if you are a candidate for coolsculpting and to see if the applicator will work in these areas.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

CoolSculpting vs Liposuction

+1
The only way to know for certain what is best for you is to see a plastic surgeon with training and experience in both liposuction and CoolSculpting. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting not a replacement for liposuction

+1

Coolsculpting yields predictable modest results in properly selected patients. Liposuction is also predictable but is much more dramatic in its effect with much more significant results but carries greater operative risks and recovery issues.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo or Coolsculpting

+1

Judging by your photos, you don't appear to need liposuction or Coolsculpting.  It doesn't appear like you have sufficient fat for the applicator to grab in order to get an adequate treatment.   Coolsculpting is best for distinct, localized areas of stubborn fat, not necessarily diffuse areas.

Grant Stevens, MD

Candidates for CoolSculpting for fat loss need to be examined in person

+1

Your physique may not lend itself to coolsculpting. If you're examined in a consultation and it is determined that there is an excess of fat in a localized area that can be brought into an applicator of CoolSculpting with suction, then you might be a candidate. On the other hand, if the curvature of the spine with which you were born, is pushing your abdominal content forward, then CoolSculpting will not help.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD