Liposuction for Cellulite?

Can liposuction get rid of some cellulite or does it make it worse? Also, I've heard that once you have lipo in one area you start accumulating extra fat in other areas. Is this true?

Superficial liposuction with the micro cannulas usually helps cellulite more than anything else.

+2

Cellulite is difficult but usually improves with the superficial liposuction with the micro cannulas.  Almost all other treatments are temporary fixes.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and cellulite

+1

Liposuction is not a reliable or predictable treatment for cellulite.  Although some answers have mentioned superficial liposuction, this can cause a lot of irregularities, too. Therefore,  I do not recommend liposuction for my patients with cellulite, especially in areas where the skin elasticity is marginal.

Cellulite is a disorder of the skin, not the fat.

+1

Cellulite is a disorder of the skin, not the fat. Liposuction may make cellulite appear to look better by improving bulging fat, but even slender indivifuals can have cellulite. There is no scientifically proven cure for cellulite, but I can assure you we are working on it!

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite and liposuction

+1

Liposuction may improve, worsen or not change cellulite. All of these possibilities can be seen in the same patient when liposuction is done in different areas. Liposuction removes some but not all fat cells in one area so if weight gain were to occur after the procedure, there usually is minimal weight gain in the area treated but more deposition of fat in non-treated areas.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction will probably not help cellulite.  Despite what the claims are , it has not been shown to improve cellulite.

Liposuction and Cellutlite

+1

Liposuction is unpredictable in treating cellulite. From my experience about 50% of the patients have improvement in cellulite after liposuction and 50% do not. I have never seen worsening of cellulite after liposuction. Having said that, to date, there are no other effective treatments for cellulite. From El Paso, Las Cruces, Mexico. 

Web reference: http://www.elpasoplasticsurgery.com/pages/dr-agullo

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and cellulite

+1

In counseling patients about the effects of liposuction on the appearance of cellulite, I tell them it likley will make minimal or any difference with some of the same divots being present before AND after surgery. I have told them it can make it better while in other circumstances it has made it worse.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Liposuction for Cellulite

+1

Dr Wallach is correct. Any type of liposuction is unpredictable in the outcome in treating cellulite. Also fat gain occurs in all areas but in previous liposucked areas it is not noticed as soon as non lipoed areas. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Well done liposuction will not make cellulite worse.

+1

Hi.

Liposuction can actually improve cellulite if done together with superficial (sub dermal) micro tunneling.

Micro liposuction

+1

I saw in some cases an improvement, with small canula and a surface treatment of the tissue cellilite can improve. Go for microliposuction if needed, otherwise lipoplasty is not the suitable treatment for cellulite!!

Düsseldorf Plastic Surgeon