Liposuction to Buttocks, Is this a Bad Idea for Me? (photo)

I am getting liposuction to my inner and outer thighs and possibly buttocks. I have always disliked the shape of my bum. In particular there is a crease between my buttocks and thigh and thus my buttocks appears to "droop". However, I am concerned that buttocks liposuction may actually worsen the crease and result in a flat shapeless bottom. Are there any other procedures to shape my bum? I have heard of fat grafting and was wondering if this would be suitable?

Liposuction good or bad

+1

Liposuction to the buttocks is certainly a viable option for you; however, as you no- doubt have already heard, a great deal depends on skin tone and elasticity.  If your skin is lacking in elasticity, another option may be a combination of liposuction and skin/fat excision.  This decision would be made most efficiently by direct examination.   What may be a better option is to liposuction the areas around the buttocks:   love handles, lateral thighs, and banana rolls.   By decreasing the size of the fatty areas around the buttocks, the buttocks will look better if not smaller because all the surrounding areas have been proportionately made smaller.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to Buttocks, Is this a Bad Idea for Me?

+1

The crease between your posterior thigh and buttock is normal unless you were leaning forward. If you remove fat from the buttocks that crease will get deeper and longer as the buttock will droop. Fat injections are done normally to the upper buttocks for those that want a larger buttock but I cannot say whether that will erase the crease, but most likely it will not.

Brazilian butt lift and butt lipo

+1

lipo aone wont do the trick. You need a combination of substraction and adition. the ratio is three to one so you dont need to worry about being too big. Brazilian Butt lifts are a fat transfer technique. When fat is transferred the cells-not just the fat deposits-are transferred. I liken it to making a coke bottle out of a coke can. It's sculpture surgery so look for the art, not just the science, behind the consultation experience. All surgeries carry risk. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of these surgeries and who's credentialed to do this surgery at a local hospital.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the thiighs and buttocks

+1

Your buttocks look fine and I don't think I would agree to liposuction them for any amount of money. The only areas I see in the posted photos that would be amenable to liposuction are the love handles, the area just above the hip bones/iliac crest on the side and back, the saddle bags and a very limited amount of the inner upper thighs. If you do any liposuction of the area between the buttocks and back of the thighs there is a high risk of disrupting the natural shelf that the buttocks sit on. If that happens they droop downward and you cannot really fix the problem.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Buttock shaping with liposuction and fat grafting

+1

Dear Clara_bella.  I would suggest proceeding with liposuction to the outer thighs and maybe a little from the inner thighs - too much fat removal from the inner thighs can result in a slot appearance.  Any fat removal from the thigh-buttock juncture could result in more of a sagging of the buttock mound.  Talk to your surgeon about removing some fat from the buttock/lower back juncture and grafting  fat to the superior aspect of both buttocks to give you a rounder and less deflated appearance.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.josephtogbamd.com

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Buttucks?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Liposuction and can be effective in reducing the prominence and/or size of the buttocks. However, you are wise to be concerned about the area between the buttocks and thighs;  this area tends to be problematic if treated.  I would suggest that you avoid any manipulation of the gluteal fold area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_liposuction.htm

Buttocks lipo

+1

I agree with the other opinions but would add you may consider lipo of the flank/hip or top of the buttocks area. This would give an illusion of a longer mid-section without the possibility of sagging.

Liposuction of Buttocks and Possible Problems?

+1

You are correct to be concerned about liposuction of the buttock above the thigh crease. This can result in flattening and/or more drooping in this area with loss of shape. Fat grafting is a technique that can give you a fuller and more rounded shape to your butt.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Lipo of the buttock

+1

I caution patients when asking specifically for buttock lipo because the fine attachments that keep the buttock skin up may result after lipo in a flat and hanging buttock. I would focus on the other areas.

Buttock lipo when needed

+1

The pictures that you provided show that you probable do no need lipo of the buttock area. The lateral thigh lipo will improve your appearance and possible lipo of the medial thigh but the buttock lipo will not .

Web reference: http://www.graciaplasticsurgeon.com

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.