Can I Have the Compression Garment off for Few Hours?

I want to go to a party and I just had Liposuction and a butt lift 11 days from the party date. Can I take my garmets off for the party? This will only be for four hours.

Compression garment not necessary for most liposuction patients.

+1

Hi.

Based on what you say, don't worry about compression garment.  We don't use it at all for most liposuction patients.

Should be OK to leave off the garment for short periods

+1

Generally, this is not a concern but you should run this by your surgeon.

It is a great sign that you even want to go to the party.

Be aware that you may not feel comfortable at the party and will likely be sore. Furthermore, you should avoid salty snacks and the temptation to consume alcohol. These will likely result in greater fluid retention and some difficulty putting the garment on later.

Its OK by Me But Check With Your Surgeon

+1

You should always direct these questions to your doctor. He is the one who knows you and your surgery.  The purpose of the garment is for support and he may need to have yopu wear it at all times. If it is just to control swelling leaving it off for 4 hrs should be OK.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon