Can Liposuction and Butt Augmentation Help Change How my Body Deposits Fat?

My body deposits fat proportionately. However, I would like my body to deposit fat primarily in my hips, thighs and butt. I was hoping to get liposuction in areas such as my stomach, back, arms and couple this with fat injections and implants in my buttocks. However, I do not have substantial body fat so I was thinking of doing a weight gain diet and then having these three procedures to create that effect of wider hips, butt. Lastly, I wanted to regain the lost weight. Is this possible?

Liposuction and butt augmentation can alter how your body distributes fat

+1

Yes, liposuction can resdistribute fat from donor sites to recipient sites where it may behave similar to the originating tissues

Solid silicone gluteal implants are your best option

+1

I do a significant number of gluteoplasties with solid silicone implants and with fat grafts.  I do not recommend gaining significant weight so that you can have fat transfers.  I also do not recommend liposuction to areas that do not have significant lipodystrophy.  It sounds as if you would do best with appropriate sized solid silicone gluteal implants with liposculpture of the love handles to accentuate your buttocks.  Visit with several surgeons, as there are not many in the United States who do gluteoplasty with solid silicone implants.  Make sure your surgeon is a board certified Cosmetic Surgeon or General Plastic Surgeon.  Warmest regards, Dr. Pippin. 

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting

+1

Fat grafting or fat transfer involves moving living fat cells from one part of your body to another part.  After the procedure there will be a different distribution of fat from before the surgery.  If you gain wait or loose weight, the fat will grow or shrink accordingly.  Good luck with your procedure.

David Shafer, MD

Yes your body will change fat deposits

+1
Redistribution of fat cells leads to redistribution of fat
Fat cells are genetically programmed to store fat different areas store fat differently.  Most people tend to gain weight around their belly and love handles.  Thus if these fat cells are transferred to the butt area, then it will be the butt area that will gain fat preferentially.
If you were to gain weight, you will see which are gains most fat.  
We see this in breast reconstruction when abdominal fat is transferred to the breast.  The reconstructed breast (with abdominal fat) and the normal breast behave differently.
To answer your question about you ability to regain your lost weight... certainly... there is no chocolate diet that cannot achieve that goal, however most people would be trying to achieve the opposite.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Fat repositioning

+1
If you are a candidate for liposuction on the arms and back you may not gain much weight in those sites compared with the buttocks if you gain weight after the procedure but no one should undergo liposuction expecting to gain weight after the procedure. Maybe the fat removal from the other areas can be used to augment the buttocks slightly.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat deposition and buttock augmentation

+1

You ask an interesting question, but it is difficult to say whether or not this will enhance your ability to gain weight in the desired areas that you mention.

Liposuction and Butt Augmentation Help Change How my Body Deposits Fat

+1

There is no medical evidence or studies that relate to the concern you have posted. Please do not think these operations change fat deposition. Seek in person evaluations.