Bumpy Calves After Liposuction

I have bumpy skin in the area where liposuction was done on my calves. I had this done over six years ago. It almost seems like the skin is too close to the muscle. On my left leg, there is a pea-sized bump that occurs when I'm flexing. I was wondering if this was due to damage of the underlying vasculature. Is there a procedure that will correct these issues so the skin doesn't look so bumpy?

Liposuction of the calves can be unforgiving

+1

Liposuction of the calves is a procedure that can give very variable results, and this is one of the reasons that most plastic surgeons perform this procedure on a limited basis, on a carefully selected basis and perform very judicious lipouction with small cannulas. It is hard to tell exactly what is going on from what you describe, but there are often things that can be done to improve unsatisfactory results. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to see what options are available.

Bumpy calves

+1

After six years, a number of changes could have taken place, eg scarring, trauma to the region, etc.  To help correct the problem, you may need some fat grafting to help smooth out the area.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD