Liposuction and Breast Reduction if my Blood Level is 11.9?

I am going to have liposuction for my back and upper arms and breast reduction from 36D to C at the same day, my blood level (hb) is 11.9 ? is it safe to have the surgeries metioned if my blood is in that level? will I lose too much blood?

There should not be significant blood loss with lipo and breast reduction

+1

Thank you for the question.  If performed properly there should be minimal blood loss from liposuction and breast reduction.  Tumescent liposuction and breast reduction using lidocaine with epinephrine as well as cautery should keep bleeding to a minimum.

Dr. Remus Repta

Liposuction and breast Reduction with minor Anemia

+1

You appear to have a minor anemia. The significance of anemia in a young, otherwise healthy menstruating woman is very different from that in a non-menstruating woman, especially if she also has coronary heart disease. The body tolerates mild anemia well by increase the rate at which blood circulates - increasing heart beats. But, in older people with heart disease their hearts cannot function well at faster rates and chest pain and heart failure may appear. Moreover, while in young women heavy periods with not enough Iron supplementation is the cause oi most such anemia cases, in older, non-menstruating women OTHER reasons must be looked for (ulcers, colon cancer etc).

Liposuction and Breast Reduction in the hands of most surgeons do not result in major blood losses. I would nonetheless ask your surgeon's opinion on this.

Liposuction and breast reduction if my blood level is 11.9

+1

Great question. You are on the border line of anemia for surgery. I would operate but tell you that if after the reduction the blood loss seems to much THAN NO liposuction.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Anemia

+1

You should ask that question of your surgeon. While liposuction and breast reduction by themselves are not that bloody, there is some blood loss and this increases with the surface area you are having suctioned. You should determine the cause of the anemia and try to treat it prior to surgery. You can also store your own blood for use as a transfusion after if necessary.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD