I'm 19 yrs old, 5'2, and 120 lbs. Am I a candidate for a Liposuction Breast Reduction?

hello, I'm 19 years old. I've been considering Breast Reduction since age 15. I'm 5"2 120 lbs 36D(DD) and would like to be 36B (or small C). I don't want to have normal breast reduction surgery because of the scars, nipple's loss of sensation, and breastfeeding. It is also more expensive and takes longer to heal. I am considering now breast reduction by Liposuction, and wanted to assurance that this method is ideal for me. My skin is young, firm but not too tight, areolas and nipples are not downward,shape is great. Thank you!

Liposuction Breast Reductions: Pros and Cons

+1

It’s possible to perform breast reduction utilizing liposuction when patients have minimal breast enlargement and minimal breast sag. Unfortunately, this procedure isn’t effective when patients need larger amounts of tissue removed or have significant breast sag. Under these circumstances, the excess skin isn’t addressed and this makes the existing breast sag even worse.

The majority of patients with large breasts require a traditional breast reduction. Although it’s hard to make a recommendation without pictures or a physical exam, your clinical history indicates that you would be an excellent candidate for this type of procedure. This procedure can remove significant amounts of breast tissue and simultaneously address your breast sag. It can create breasts that have balance, proportion and harmony with the surrounding structures

Liposuction breast reduction has significant limitations and for most patients would be inappropriate. If your considering breast reduction, the best advice would be to consult a plastic surgeon with experience who is board certified in plastic surgery.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Liposuction?

+1
It is a rare patient who is a good candidate for breast reduction with liposuction alone. The reduction achieved is minimal to moderate at most and the breast  should have the following characteristics:  significant fatty tissue as well as excellent overlying skin elasticity.
Based on the description above, you can see why it is a rare patient who is a good candidate for breast reduction with liposuction alone.

Breast reduction by liposuction. Be careful!!

+1

Breast reductions have scars.  I get not wanting scars, especially when you are young.  I do the vertical lollipop scar- it is a shorter scar, but a scar nonetheless. 

I understand the wanting to do liposuction to make the breasts smaller. But you need to be careful.  I saw "breast reduction by liposuction" presented at a meeting and thought the results looked good.  Right after, I met a patient who made me reevaluate.  My patient went to LA to "the guy" who was doing liposuction for breast reduction.  She is a busy businesswoman, didn't want the downtime or the scars. The liposuction did not work. 

She presented to me after her liposuction for her breast reduction to see what I could do to fix it.  She presented with breasts which were larger than before her "liposuction reduction" and very painful. 

The biggest issue is your breast.  Is it fat or breast tissue?

Many young women have breasts made up primarily of breast tissue.  If this is the case, liposuction will not work well.  My patient who came from LA went to a nonplastic surgeon.  Other specialties do not do breast reduction surgeries.  When the LA doctor had a hard time removing her fat, they should have stopped or converted her to a traditional breast reduction.  They did not, and left her larger, scarred, and in pain.

So be careful.  It is not something I recommend.  Please always make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon- someone who could do a traditional breast reduction if needed.

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and breast reduction

+1

You may very well be a candidate for this provided that your breasts are mainly fatty tissue and no too glandular. While they are now not sagging after liposuction and deflation they may.

Breast liposuction

+1

Breast liposuction delivers super results, though it isn't right for everyone. If you have good skin quality and minimal sagging, you make an ideal candidate for reduction using liposuction alone. Since lipo stimulates the skin to tighten around the affected area, the breasts actually lift a little bit. The procedure takes about an hour, the recovery takes just a couple of days, and there's virtually no scarring. For young patients with large breasts, a lipo reduction may prevent breast sag from ever occuring!

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Liposuction Breast Reduction

+1

It sounds as if you are an excellent candidate. IT is difficult to predict the amount of aspirate and what your final breast size will be. Generally this is not as aggressive as a conventional reduction mammoplasty. However, the vast majority of patients appear satisfied with the procedure.

This patient of mine in the link below had 950 cc of tissue resected and went down two bra cups in size.

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

Liposuction can decrease breast size and in some cases result in good skin contraction and a nice result. You run the risk that things could get too droopy and that you might end up wanting a lift to tighten up the skin later. Also, young breasts tend to be very dense and glandular, so liposuction may not remove a lot of volume. You will get your best answer in consultation with a plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction breast reduction will take you down one cup size.

+1

Hi!

Liposuction breast reduction can be a great procedure if you don't have a lot of sagging and if you want to go down one or at the most two cup sizes. 

I think you want too much of a reduction for this technique.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction can help but not sure it will get you as small as you want

+1

Petitefille,

Liposuction for breast reduction can be an ideal option for someone like yourself. It requires the skin of the breast have good elasticity to tighten adequately afterwards. The breast is also a combination of breast tissue and fat. The liposuction can reduce the amount of fat but it does not do well at removing breast tissue.

Whether you would be able to get down to a small "C" cup from a "DD" cup with liposuction alone is difficult to say without seeing you in person. If you are really opposed to the scars of a standard reduction I would suggest going ahead with liposuction first and see if that gets you small enough AND if your shape is satisfactory. Just be prepared that it may be necessary to have further surgery if liposuction alone is not adequate.

Robert B. Pollack, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Lipo for breast reduction

+1

In my experience, I can get a full size reduction -- not as much as you want. Also if you reduce the volume, you usually need to have the skin tightened -- especially when you want to go down a few bra sizes. Seek a qualified board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area -- don't go to some advertising liposuction clinic.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD