Liposuction, Brazilian Butt Lift, and Tummy Tuck in One Session?

I want to have Liposuction on my back and flanks, Brazilian Butt Lift, and a Tummy Tuck. Would it be safe to have all these done at the same time?

Is it possible to have a Brazilian Butt Lift and a Tummy Tuck in the same operation?

+4

Hi there-

The answer to your question, as is true for so many questions in plastic surgery, is that yes it would be possible, but it would NOT be in your best interests...

I think it is safe to assume that you are interested in achieving the very best outcome in both your abdomen and you bottom, right (I can't imagine anyone would have surgery with the hope of looking less than the best they could)... As long as this is true, doing these operations together makes no sense, as recovery from a tummy tuck requires time spent on your back, which would compromise the outcome from your BBL, and recovery from your BBL require that you avoid sitting on your backside- which can put strain on the muscles tightened during your tummy tuck and compromise the outcome there.

I think you would be better off doing the BBL first (to have as much fat as possible available), and follow with the tummy 6-8 weeks later.

Combining procedures

+2

Yes. In my practice it is common for me to perform a lower body lift with a circumferential abdominolplasty (tummy tuck). Included in the lower body lift is the correction of the thighs, abdomen, lower back and buttocks. It is cost efficient to have multiple procedures performed at the same time. This way you don’t pay expensive operating room fees twice, and you don’t take extra time away from your work and life to heal.

Make sure to look at plenty of before and after pictures, and to educate yourself on your doctor, your procedure, and the risks that come with it.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Combining procedures

+2

Chrissy,

Although combining the procedures that you have listed may be safe for you a full consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon is in order. The risks of longer combined procedures are higher than shorter procedures, but they are still small. Your surgeon needs to determine what is safe for your particular set of variables (body habitus, medical condition) and make a recommendation based on those. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Difficult to find a comfortable position after tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift

+2

Where do you want to recover?

1. On your back: not good for brazillian buttock lift
  2. On your stomach: not good for tummy tuck
  3. On your feet: not practical

Some individuals prefer to stage these procedures performing either the front or back in one session. Others are more willing to perform both at the same time and realistically, you will recover on your back which may coompromise the results of the buttock lift.

Discuss this with your surgeon and ask their opinion

TT, BBL and lipo at one time? Not reccommended

+1

I woudl stage these procedures. Not only is there the issue of safety given the long anesthesia time but also the recovery. A tummy tuck will be snug in the beginning so that you will ot be walking upright A BBL requires you to not sit for 2 weeks, so the only position you could recover is in fetal position on you side. I would not recomend that because it is unsafe and not in your best interests.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Multiple procedures are okay in completely healthy patients

+1

For surgery in general and specifically for cosmetic surgery since it is ELECTIVE SURGERY.

The patient must be completely healthy, have full evaluation by medical doctor, and cleared for sugery.

If so, then yes, tummy tuck, liposuction, and Brazilian Butt Lift can be done in one session.

You have to be mentally and psychlogically prepared as well. get some one to help you during the recovery period

You want a body lift

+1

Essentially what you're asking for is a body lift.  If the surgeon has experience doing body lifts than if he tells you it's safe you should be okay.  Remember see several surgeons before making your decision on who should do your surgery.  Always see Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Depends on your anatomy

+1

It all really depends on you anatomy, age and health.  If the procedure can be completed in less than 6 hours, you are probably alright.  However, I would suggest having the lipo and butt lift in one setting and the abdominoplasty in another setting.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Combining abdominal procedures with Brazilian butt lift

+1

A Brazilian butt lift involves liposuction in order to obtain the fat necessary for the lift. Adding a tummy tuck should be fine as the risk of problems with blood supply can be held to a minimum. Combining all of the procedures will also save you an anesthesia and money as you'll be doing everything at once instead of spacing them out. You will only have one recovery instead of 2-3 which will also be better for you. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Combining procedures

+1

I think that it is OK to combine procedures that can be done in a safe setting that does not take too long.  In this case, they all seem to be reasonable and can be done in conjunction.