When to Resume Exercising After Lipo and Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am 33 and I had a full back, upper and lower abdomen Liposuction, and a Brazilian butt lift about 1 month ago. I feel fat and want to work out. Can I start jogging now? When can I also resume pilates, yoga, and high impact aerobics?

Absolutely, get going with full activity, nothing to worry about!

+3

In general, I would conservatively wait two weeks to resume exercise after any surgical procedure including liposuction as a safety measure to minimize any risk of bleeding postoperatively. Adding fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian butt lift) to the procedures would not lengthen this time of you being unable to exercise.

I have found it very helpful (and motivating) for patients to get back into the gym at 2 weeks. I tell them they may not yet be "100 percent" but to listen to their bodies in terms of energy level, fatigue, etc. Most patients that undergo body contouring procedures really want to maximize the difference in their appearance and exercise is very important.

At one month after the procedure, you can go full steam ahead with all of those activities. The two other things post liposuction that are very important in my opinion are adequate post compression garments and post lymphatic massages to the areas.

Hope this helps!

When can I exercise after Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

Hi there-

It is very important that you ask your surgeon this question, because the answer will depend on details only you and he/she understand, such as what type of exercise are we talking about, how the surgery was performed (we all have our techniques and know what works to give our patients the best outcomes, but it might be different from one surgeon to another), and your postoperative course to date.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Discuss your activity level with your surgeon following extensive liposuction and Brazilian Butt

+2

It is best that you discuss this with your surgeon.

However, my general rule is that you can resume treadmill activity with a MPH that is equal to your week of recovery i.e. Week 1 = 1MPH, Week 2 = 2MPH, etc.

Talk about your activity level with your surgeon, he/she is in the best position to guide you.

Exercise following Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Normal activity may be resumed at 3 weeks post operation to tolerance and that would include elliptical and light cardio.  After the operation, exercises are recommended, such as walking immediately and progressive activities beginning on the 14th day, in order to minimize the adhesions between the skin and the deeper tissues. Walking, swimming, or a stationary bicycle can usually begin 3-4 weeks after surgery. Specific time periods for resumption of daily activities, work, and exercise with be further discussed by your surgeon post operation.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Exercise after liposuction

+1

Most patients can resume all activities 6 weeks after surgery.  You need to ask your surgeon when you can resume exercise, because all surgeons have different post-op regimens, and the decision is also based on how you are healing.

Dennis Dass, MD

One month after liposuction you can excercise freely.

+1

Hi.

The fat grafts will have acquired their new blood supply after three weeks.  So now no restrictions.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Excercising post-op advice

+1

Avoid exercises which directly stress the area of your surgery for a full four to six weeks. After this period, cardiovascular activities, such as riding a stationary bicycle or brisk walking, can be initiated. Avoid heavy lift, contact sports, and jogging for up to six weeks.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Exercise after Brazilian Buttock enhancement

+1

Resuming regular mild activity after surgery is desirable and prevents unwanted complications. As for exercise and heavy activity, that would depend on your healing and your surgeon's advice.

Ask your surgeon when he / she recommends resuming heavy activity.

Remember you are recovering from Brazilian Buttock enhancement and multiple areas of liposuction. You will be in discomfort for two weeks.