Should I Consider Liposuction?

I have dieted and exercised for the past two years and lost 20 lbs, kept it off too. I still find my love handles where they always were and fat around my abdomen. I'm at 128 lbs and 5'2". Should I consider Liposuction, or should I continue with dieting and exercising?

Liposuction and localized regions

+1

If you are down to your goal weight but still can't get rid of the excess, liposuction may be a good treatment option.

Liposuction is great for local bulges

+1

You sound like and you look like a great candidate for liposuction of the stomach and love handles. Don't be confused!  See a board certified plastic surgeon.

Liposuction works best when you're at your ideal body weight

+1

You have done a great job so far losing weight and keeping it off. Jumping to liposuction to solve the problem is not your best option. I agree with the other doctors that increasing your exercise regimen and trying to get to your ideal weight would be your best option.

Once you have achieved this weight, re-evaluate the appearance of the love handles. At that time, if it is still bothersome, lipo would be your answer. Your skin appears to be of good quality, so you should expect that the areas would contour nicely. Seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that does tumescent liposuction on a regular basis. Ask to see pre and post op pictures of the same area. A great liposuction in the hips does not equal great results in the love handles.

Good Luck with the diet.

Diet and exercise versus Abdominal liposuction

+1

I assume you are a male. At 5'2" the average male should ideally weigh about 118 pounds. You are almost there. I would advise continued diet and exercise.

However, I would highly recommend a course of core strengthening exercises, as opposed to crunches and situps, which can bulk up but not necessarily tone the abdomen.

Consider a Pilates or Yoga regimen. If this fails the produce the desired results, you will be an even better candidate for liposuction than you are now.