Liposuction Before Pregnancy then TT?

Thinking about becoming PG in next year or two and debating my plastic surgery options. Will Lipo b4 PG make a tummy tuck more challenging due to Lipo scarring. I read on another website that Lipo can make it harder to pull the skin down far enough for a bikini scar. And will pre PG Lipo possibly reduce the need for a TT after childbearing? Sincere thanks.

Lipo before pregnancy, Tummy Tuck after.

+1

If you are contemplating pregnancy in the next year or so I would suggest holding on any surgery until after pregnancy. Liposuction does not significantly effect future tummy tucks. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and tummy tuck

+1

If you are thinking about getting pregnant soon, I would avoid the surgery altogether until you are done having children.  

Lipo v tt

+1

It is perfectly reasonable to undergo lipo of the abdomen now even if you anticipate needing a tummy tuck after you are done with childbearing.  I've done many tummy tucks on patients who have previously had lipo and it is no more complicated than performing one in a patient who has not had lipo.  Your plan seems to make perfect sense to me, assuming you are presently a good lipo candidate.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Liposuction and abdominoplasty timing around pregnancy

+1

A photo would help, but in general terms you do not want to have abdominoplasty (TT) before pregnancy.  Liposuction before you get pregnant could help, especially if you would probably need liposuction and TT afterwards.  Do not worry about the scarring implications, it is not a big deal, but you are right, it can make the skin harder to pull down later (I just ran into that yesterday, but it all worked out).  Or, as has been suggested, just wait and do it all later.  Best to discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

Liposuction won't have significant effect on abdominoplasty after pregnancies complete.

+1

If you have some unwanted fat in the abdomen and are otherwise a good candidate for liposuction, go ahead and have the treatment.  Subsequent pregnancy might generate a new set of aesthetic problems that might require an abdominoplasty for correction, but the previous liposuction will not change the treatment.

Pregnancy implications with body contouring

+1

It is hard to predict the effects pregnancy will have on your body.  Ideally, you wont put on too much excess weight and 4-6 months postpartum you will return to your pre-partum weight.  However this can vary.  If you are planning for body contouring, in general I would recommend waiting until after the pregnancy.  You can have a lipoabdominoplasty 6 months postpartum and not need the multiple procedures you are considering.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon