Liposuction and PCOS?

Hello. I'm 17 and have been diagnosed with PCOS, I have been put on a diet and exercise program. I have tried many times before to lose weight but I always gain it back when I start school, so I was wondering if a liposuction would be a good idea so I could start again from zero? I'm 166cm tall and right now I weight 105kg most of the fat is located on my thighs and on my waist.

Liposuction good for body contouring

+1

Liposuction does not result in any weight loss, only body contouring.  It works best in people who are at or near their ideal body weight.  Your BMI (body mass index) is around 37, so liposuction is probably not a good option for you right now.

Since you have PCOS, there are some medications you should be on to help with the weight problem such as metformin, spironolactone and BCP.  Please consult with a physician who specializes in treating women with PCOS for guidance.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon