Liposuction and Lifting Results?

i had a thighs liposuction with laser and got my arms lifted (under arms scare) 8 weeks ago , i don't really see a big difference at this stage is that normal? and should i expect seeing more improvement later?

Not Seeing Much Difference 2 months after Liposuction

+1

I typically tell patients to wait 6 months before trying to determine results after liposuction.  Most of my patients undergo 5 liter liposuction in the outpatient setting.  Therefore, usually I see a pretty dramatic result at the beginning, but the best result is seen at 6 months or more.

No difference?

+1

Thanks for sharing your concerns. You should be seeing a difference - at least some change at this point. Perhaps you need to address this issue with your surgeon and view your before photos. Some patients do forget what they used to look like. Thanks, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Liposuction and arm lift

+1

Thank you for the question. It is too early to determine the outcome of your surgery. In general, it takes six to eight months to see the full effect of liposuction. My advice for you is to communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon, and keep all your appointments. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Swelling can last up to 6 months

+1

It is not uncommon to have some swelling for up to 6 months after a cosmetic surgery procedure.  By about 6 weeks a majority of the swelling has decreased and the final result starts to become evident.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Results after liposuction

+1

Please understand that in reality you had your thighs corrected  with small cannula tumescent technique.  The many laser systems only provide some melting of some of the fat to facilitate the small cannula liposuction.  Laser systems simply provide some heat to melt some fat and make the suction easier.  Usually 90 % of the procedure is done by small cannula.  Does the skin shrink  better with laser?  I believe the answer is NO.  If side to side comparison is done the sides will be basically the same.   Any heat delivery system, be it laser or ultrasonic, does make the procedure easier in some cases for the surgeon.    You should definitely see results in 2 months but results continue to develop over one year.  This has been my observation in a 30 year career of doing liposuction.  

Arm lift can include techniques that use axillary (armpit)  only incisions.  This sometimes is referred to as the Brazilian technique.   I have tried these over the years and they have only led to both my and my patient's disappointment.  They work poorly and do very little.  I have ceased using this technique for over  a decade.   My Best,   Dr C   (George Commons, MD, FACS)

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

8 weeks after thigh liposuction and arm lift

+1

I would expect you to see some results by 8 weeks but that is not always the case.  You will continue to see changes up to 3-6 months especially with laser liposuction.  The skin tightening effects of the laser is based on collagen production and remodeling, so that take some time.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Liposuction and 8 weeks post-op

+1

You should give yourself more time to heal.  It may take a few more months to see the final result.

No results after 2 months of surgery

+1

Hello,thank you for your question.  it is quite difficult to give an opinion with out any pictures. But in general terms after 2 months of any procedure, usually some results or changes are noticed .  In some cases , if the inflammatory process remain intense, is not easy to see those changes. You prob need to give some more time to the healing process.  My recommendation is sharing this with your ps .

Best wishes   Dr. R. Vega   / Tijuana, Mexico

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon