Will Liposuction Help Me Lose 9 Inches? Current Waist Size is 35. (photo)

can lipo of the abdomen, waist, and flanks = a loss of 9inches??? my waist is currently at 35 and i would like it between 24-28 would lipo alone do this??

Liposuction and Maximum Waist Reduction

+1

First, you will need the maximum of 5 liters removed from around the waist.  I can usually get at least a 4 inch reduction.  In some, I can get 6 inches or slightly more.  9 inches is probably not possible but 7 may be.  This is impossible to answer without an exam.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Liposuction Can Help You Lose SOME of Your Waist

+1

Greetings,

Liposuction, alone, will not meet or address your expectations for significant waistline reduction. The amount of fat removed will not, realistically, be the 9 inch decrease you seek.

You might consider other conservative options first.

• a medical evaluation to see if you have issues with your thyroid function.
  • a tolerable exercise program and weight reduction program.

I am pleased to see a number of motivated patients with reasonable weight reduction needs (as suggested by your photos) who can achieve most of their body image corrections without, or prior to surgery.

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Lose 9 inches with liposuction??

+1

that would a little bit unrealistic. perhaps one should try diet and exercise for a while and then seek liposuction.

9" Waistline Reduction With Liposuction

+1

A 9" waistline reduction from liposuction is not a realistic goal. That may be achieveable if it is combined with weight loss after liposuction. But liposuction alone would do good to get you halfway to your reduction goal. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyliposuction.com

Will Liposuction Help Me Lose 9 Inches? Current Waist Size is 35.

+1

Liposuction at best can decrease your waist by 4 inches. Better to try diet and exercising first than lipo second. 

Liposuction will contour your waistline

+1
I think it would be highly unreasonable to expect a 9 inch reduction in your waistline. Liposuction can contour and produce a smaller waistline but, to achieve your goal, weight loss would be necessary. Before you undergo the procedure, see how much weight you can lose and how that affects your waistline.

Liposuction Inches

+1

I feel it is impossible to guarantee a  given number of inches in any given procedure and patient.  You will lose inches and likely more than 5 but the rest is up to you.  For ideal results,   I ask patients to reflect the weight we take when they step on the scale in 2 months post operation.   Then I ask patient to match what we took in 6 months    If they start at 170 lbs and we take 10 lbs I want them to be 150 at 6 months post operation.  They will then have a smoother and better result and probably the inches will be a number that makes us all smile.  My Best,   Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon