No Inches Lost After Arm Liposuction

i had liposuction on my arms and thighs 2 weeks back.my ps made four incisions on each of my thigh and till now,i have lost 1.5 inches from them.but my main worry is arms.there is no inch loss from them and ps made only 1 incision near the elbow to remove fat.my right arm was 12 inches and left arm 13 inches before the surgery and it is still the same.i am very worried about my arms.i am 22 year old girl and am nearly 58 kgs.my arms are the heaviest portion of my body and i m worried.pls suggest

No Inches Lost after Arm Liposuction

+4

Hi,

There are still some swelling that need to be resolved. You are still very swollen . 

Please be patient and bring up your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Most importantly, wear a tight post-liposuction compression garment.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Liposuction results take time

+2

Liposuction of the arms can produce excellent results, but at two weeks you most likely have some swelling and it is too early post-surgery for you to be able to realize the result.  It is possible at two weeks for the arms to appear larger than prior to surgery due to swelling.  I would recommend a compression garment to help reduce the swelling since the skin in this area is thinner and does not have as much elasticity as other body regions. The fact that a single incision was used does not mean you had an inadequate treatment.  I often use a single incision by the elbow or armpit for liposuction of the arms and get excellent results.  You should consult your plastic surgeon if you still have concerns.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Arm liposuction

+1

You should express your concerns to your plastic surgeon. If you think that there was not enough fat removed because there was only one insertions site, you might be reassured once you find out how many ccs of fat were removed. Swelling does occur and may not allow you to see the good results for several months. Compression garments can help minimize swelling while the healing continues.

Ronald Shelton, MD