Liposuction Alternatives for the Pubic Region?

I want to know if there are alternative options other than Liposuction to reduce fat in my pubic region. It has been over 3 months since I had liposuction done to my thighs and legs, one year since I had a Tummy Tuck, and my pubic region ended up getting bigger with each treatment. I have waited for the swelling to go down and do not really want to have to do another treatment, but it is noticable whenever I wear dresses or yoga pants. Other people have even made comments so I know it's not just me. I know sometimes people have to get lipo to that area but is there another option?

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+2

Liposuction is the answer...

Think about it...you removed fat from your stomach and your thighs, but not your pubic region. Once the tummy tuck was done, the pubic area was no longer covered by your lower stomach. Everything around it was flattened and tightened, so it can be expected to look prominent.

It is a highly personal and intimate area, and I am loathe to bring it up and embarrass patients. But in reality I think this is a very comon problem.

Usually a combination of liposuction and skin excision is the answer to fullness of the mons area.

+1

Just performing liposuction in the area can leave you with loose skin.  Since you've already had a tummy tuck you would not be adding any further scars.  I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and correction is definitely possible.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC

Liposuction or other option for suprpubic fat

+1

The suprapubic fat is the inferior portion of the "pooch." This area, below the incision of the tummy tuck, must be addressed at the time of tummy tuck. Often the skin flap in a tummy tuck is "defatted" during the procedure. That is, the fat below Scarpa's fascia (you don't need to know what that is) is removed. This results in a height discrepancy between the suprapubic skin and the abdominal skin flap. And in the end leads to a convexity of the suprapubic skin.

So if everything is okay otherwise than you need this area liposuctioned. As far as I'm concerned this evening of the abdominal contour is part of the abdominoplasty. I recommend going back to your surgeon and asking why he/she didn't complete the first surgery. They should cover the surgeons' s fee for this surgery and the OR/anesthesia is done in an outpatient surgical setting.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Pubis fat removal

+1

From the manner in which you ask you question, I assume you are asking if there are any successful non-surgical methods of fat removal from the pubis.

Generally their are multiple claims including mesotherapy, radiofrequency devices, external ultrasound, etc. However, these rarely and consistently meet with satisfied patients. Therefore the only successful methods typicall involve surgery with liposuction or direct excision.

Liposuction of the pubic area under local aneshesia is simple and easy

+1

After a tummy tuck there often is fat just above the scar and below the scar which needs liposuction to make it look smooth. This can be done in a very short time under local anesthesia with no downtime at all and is so easy for you to undergo. It is a quick in and out procedure that runs about $1500 and is sooo worth it. An alternative is Zerona laser which run about $2500 and may not get it all the way down but helps.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Pubis Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the pubis area is a fairly common procedure, specially when the pubis is full and patient is underoing an abdominoplasty procedure.

So, you may be a good candidate for liposuction alone. Some patients, especially the massive weight loss patients may require more than just liposuction. These patients at times require what is called a mons plasty, which is a procedure where the size of the entire mons is reduced with skin excision.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Liposuction With or Without Skin Removal May Help

+1

The pubic fat pad can get quite large with obesity, and sag significantly after weight loss. My practice is to treat the area like any other, so skin and fat removal alone or in combination may be needed.

Cant say without seeing you, but pubic swelling after tummy tuck can come from placing the incision above the fat pad (where a C-section is often done). Prolonged swelling can result from this, and removal of skin to lift the area may be needed.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Liposuction of the pubic region

+1

Liposuction of the pubic region may be the best option for you if you are complaining of fullness of them ons pubis. If it is loose and hanging, then an excision technique may be better.

Options

+1

I would think that the lipo is the BEST option.  A full pubis occurs on occasion after tummy tuck.  One option is to open the scar and surgically remove the fat.  This will usually involve a drain.  Liposuction using any number of techniuqes should do the trick and be minimally invasive.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Liposuction in the pubic area is very effective

+1

Fatty fullness over the pubic bone in women is a not uncommon problem and can be a source of embarrassment or cause difficulty with clothing. The size and degree of fullness over the pubis can be quite varied just as much as variation in breast size, or height. The pubis may appear altogether too prominent, or for some may not be full enough and slope down abruptly. Those who are troubled by excessive fullness know about the difference and it is easy to compare by a glance at women lined up and sunning at the beach. The pubic fullness can be made more visible if not recognised beforehand by a c-section which can tether the tissue above, or a tummy tuck which can flatten and contour the abdomen above. If noted at the time of tummy tuck liposuction is the solution at the time, and if not liposuction later.

We do see patients who have fullness alone without any problem with the abdomen and we have found ultrasonic liposuction through an umbilical approach to give very pleasing results. We like ultrasound because it is very precise and there is little room to work so to speak and the ultrasound assuredly gets the job done. We also have patients at the other extreme though more rarely so and have added fat when needed. I think you will find liposuction over the pubis well worth the effort.

peterejohnsonmd