Liposuction After Tummy Tuck?

I've recently had a tummy tuck, approximately 1 week ago and I'm considering liposuction for my sides. Would you suggest that I wait until I see the results of my tummy tuck go? what really determines if liposuction is needed?

Wait at least 9 months after a Tummy Tuck to consider liposuction

+2

I generally do liposuction at the same time as a tummy tuck. If you still think you have some fat that needs to be removed, you may need some liposuction but you need to wait. It has only been 1 week and it is impossible to know what is fat and what is swelling. Be patient.

Following a tummy tuck with liposuction

+2
I would recommend that you wait at least 6 months after the tummy tuck before considering liposuction of your flanks. My criteria would be the degree of "pinch" in the area and your degree of acceptance of any bulging there. Don't rush and let the abdomen settle down because you may be quite pleased with the result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Lipo After TT

+2

This a very good question. You should consider waiting 4 to 6 months after a Tummy Tuck before considering Liposuction. Give yourself a chance to heal and recover before any more surgery. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction After Tummy Tuck?

+1

Generally I do liposuction of the sides with the tummy tuck. I would wait at least 6 months before getting liposuction.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

+1

For patients who have had a tummy tuck, healing should proceed for at least 6 months before deciding about further liposuction.  Although the liposuction can be done sooner, swelling may take a while to fully resolve after tummy tuck.

Liposuction After Tummy Tuck

+1

Although doing the lipo at the same time would have made sense, at this time you are much better off waiting for all the swelling to resolve, and reevaluate in 3 to 6 months. If you do it now, it will be hard to determine the end point at surgery due to the swelling.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Liposuction with Tummy Tuck

+1

I perform liposuction of the flanks in most of my patients who have a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) as it helps with shaping the torso and refining/defining the silhouette. You can wait and see the results from the tummy tuck, but in general most of the time you will need body contouring and shaping using liposuction in the flank area.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

+1

In our practice it is common practice to assess the entire trunk in every abdominoplasty candidate. Most patients could benefit from lipsculpting in the waist and love handle area at the same time as a tummy tuck. In your particular case you would need to wait at least 3 month to properly assess what further lipsculpting you would need to achieve optimum result. Discuss your concerns and wishes with your plastic surgeon.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and after Tommy Top?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. Your instincts are correct in that it would be best to wait 6 months to one year before deciding on the "need” for liposuction surgery.

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+1

Congratualtions on your tummy tuck, but I would wait at least 6 months or sometimes longer for the swelling to come down before considering liposuction.