Liposuction After Cellulaze- How Long Should I Wait?

I had the cellulaze procedure done on my posterior thighs 2 weeks ago. I want to have liposuction done on my outer thighs (which I did not have cellulaze done on but still have some swelling from the procedure) and want to schedule it for the end of June. Is 4-6 weeks enough time after having cellulaze to have a small amount of liposuction done? Or would this compromise the result of either operation? Also, if so, how long in between do you recommend? Thanks.

At least 6 months between procedures

+1
Great question! It is important to be patient during the healing process; it may take a few weeks to see results. After Smartlipo it is best to wait at least 6 months before considering another procedure. During your healing process continue to follow up with your surgeon and wear your compression garment to help with any swelling that may occur.

Cellulite Treatment in Los Angeles

+1

I use the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment as an effective treatment for cellulite. Liposuction can be performed simultaneously or separately. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Timing of liposuction after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  I would recommend at least 3 months after the Cellulaze procedure before attempting the liposuction in the same area.  Any earlier and the local swelling might not have resolved and could lead to further contour deformities.  I hope this helps and best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Liposuction after Cellulaze

+1

This question would be best answered by your surgeon based on how you in particular are healing. There is no one right answer for everyone.  Some patients remain swollen for quite some time after Cellulaze which can effect the appearance of areas adjacent to the treated areas. On the contrary, some patients have little to no swelling or bruising in a very short time after the procedure and could proceed with liposuction much sooner.   Let your surgeon be the judge after they evaluate how you're doing because the answer really can range from a few weeks to a few months.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

When to consider liposuction if you've had cellulaze

+1

There are no recommended guidelines to answer your question.  However, since it takes 3-6 months to see your final results from cellulaze, I would recommend waiting that time period.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

#cellulaze and liposuction

+1

Although not much information is avalable as to how long one should wait after cellulaze to get liposuction in an adjacent area, its best if the procedure is performed after the cellulaze treatment has completely healed. that should be determined by the physician who actually performed the procedure. its best to have a consultation visit with your doctor and address this question with him/her.

Misbah Khan, MD