After Care Advice for Liposuction?

I had Liposuction done earlier today and I am very curious on what I should and shouldn't do now. I ate a salad with some soy protien, for dinner, as I am a vegan. I want to know, should I walk only in the home, or can I start to go out after day 3? I have some errands to do, and need them done within the next few weeks. Also, are there certain foods that I should stay away from or eat more often? When can I start the  Lemon Cleanse Diet?

What to expect after liposuction - diet and activity

+3

Following a liposuction procedure, you can expect some swelling, numbness and bruising that will last for 2-3 weeks on average.

During this time, a compression garment is often recommended to be worn 23 hours/day (taking a break for showers and to wash).

Take it easy and "listen to your body" as you recover - your body will tell you when it needs rest, needs nourishment and when it is starting to feel better.

Before and after any surgical procedure, you should optimize your nutrition and ensure you are getting enough protein, fat and carbohydrates to enable your body to heal!

Try to avoid any restrictive diets or "cleanses" during this time. Your nutritional needs are increased following surgery for a few weeks up to a few months.

Limit your exercise and avoid raising your heart rate and blood pressure while you are still bruised and swollen. As you start to feel better, your body will tell you it feels more comfortable with increased activity.

Generally, by 6 weeks postop, you can resume all your usual activities, as your body allows.

Remember that it takes up to a YEAR for the results of any surgery to be 100% complete.

Contact your surgeon

+1

After surgery, surgeons disagree on what they prefer to advise patients on activity and diet. As we are all so particular, I find it surprising that you seem to have no such guidance. I would contract your doctor's office and get these issues resolved with them. What we may tell you online here may conflict with your doctor's philosophy.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon