Liposuction After C-Section For a Slim 25 Y/O?

I gave birth 3 years ago to a 10lb baby through c-section. I was at my starting weight of 130 lbs from 190 in 3 mo. I now have a small pouch that i can grab beneath my bellybutton. I don't have any stretch marks and still have a slim figure. I'm only 25 and I don't want to have a tummy tuck until i'm done having kids. It seems my pouch isn't fat so much as skin. Will lipo help this at all or am i wasting my money?

Liposuction for excess skin in lower abdomen

+1

Thank you for the question. You gave a good description of your problem. You will be waisting money if you do just liposuction. Having said that, this is not a final answer. You still need to be seen by a boar certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your midsection. During the consultation, your whole midsection and trunk will be evaluated and the best treatment is determined.

Lipo

+1

From your description it sounds like you have extra skin and not fat so Liposuction will not give you the results you are looking for. You might want to wait till your done having kids so you able to get a tummy tuck and really get the results you’re looking for, your extra skin needs to be removed. I would have A PS examine you to get more accurate idea

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Liposuction won't tighten skin after pregnancy

+1

From your description you have more of an issue with skin tone than localized excess fat, so lipo would not likely be a good option. It is possible that  mini-tummy tuck could help since you already have the C-section scar, but probably best to wait until you are finished having kids.

Richard Baxter, MD

Liposuction for lower abdominal pouch

+1

It is difficult to answer this without the benefits of photos. You describe having more skin than fat in the lower abdomen. Often there's a little depression around the C-section incision as well. Liposuction will not improve this area for you. You can have a skin only excision to improve this area for you, expecially since you want to have more children. The scar should not be much longer than your present C-section scar.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Post Pregnancy Changes

+1

Liposuction removes fat and recontours your shape,but does nothing for stretched out skin or muscles.  If you have a significant fat collection in your abdomen liposuction can give you improvement.  Your discription sounds like a tummy tuck or mini tummi tuck is more likely to give you the result you want.  You are wise to wait until you have finished having children.

Mary Lee Peters, MD