Can Liposuction Help Me Achieve my Ideal Measurements?

I am an 18 year old girl and weigh 123 pounds at 5'4". I have a waist measurement of 28 1/2", bust of 34", and hips of 36". Looking in the mirror, I feel like I look extremely disproportionate. Pear shaped, I think. I eat very healthy and walk for about an hour a day and do easy weight lifting for 20 minutes. I can't seem to loose any weight. I am now looking into lipo. I want to know if lipo can help me achieve my ideal measurements 25" waist, and 33" hips or if that's unrealistic.

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Without examining you it is not possible to be specific in regard to your measurements. However, liposuction is ideally done for patients who are not overweight and who wish to have isolated areas of diet and exercise adipose tissue removed. If you same to fit this criteria you may be an excellent candidate for the procedure.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Changing body measurements with liposuction

+1

Clearly the ability to alter one's contour depends on an assessment of the body's components: skin, muscle, fat and bone. If your hip full ness is due to fat, then liposuction may be an excellent method of body contouring. IF, HOWEVER, your measurements are due to large pelvic/hip bones or loose skin, then liposuction will do little to improve measurements.

There is no such thing as ideal measurements

+1

1.You sound you are doing all the right things to stay in shape. 

2.Your shape is likely due to your bone structure and hip shape and rib cage shape.  Liposuction will not correct these anatomical structures.

3. You need to make sure you and your surgeon analyze all of these issues or you may not be happy with your results.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Achieving ideal measurements through liposuction

+1

It sounds like you would be an ideal candidate for liposuction. Patients who are otherwise healthy with some "problem" areas that need to be contoured tend to have the best results from the surgery. After liposuction, it is normal for the patient to go down about 1-2 pant sizes. It is hard to determine if you will achieve your specific measurements but your surgeon will be able to give you an idea of the possible results.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Ideal measurements with liposuction

+1

Although it is impossible to guarantee specific measurements for any one person, the numbers you are considering seem reasonable. Obviously an exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would help you to realize these goals and he or she could tell you more accurately based on an exam.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Proportions?

+1

Short answer: maybe

Long answer: First, let's evaluate your Body Mass Index (BMI): based on your height and weight, your BMI is 21.1 putting you within your ideal weight range. 

Your current measurements are 34-28-36 which are also within a reasonable range  of normal. 

Unfortunately, how you hold your weight cannot be addressed in a conversation. A physical exam would be able to tell volumes with respect to what goals through liposuction are achievable. For example, if on exam you have minimal fat deposition in your hip area, but some along your waist, I would say you could find improvement in your waist measurement, but not your hips. 

A one-on-one consultation with your plastic surgeon will be much more helpful this time. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

It is difficult to say whether you can achieve your ideal body measurements.  I would say you are more likely to achieve the shape that you want if you have isolated fatty deposits.

Liposuction can help you achieve a more shapely figure

+1

It's hard to tell you whether or not liposuction will help you without actually examining you, but it is good for removing excess fat from the abdomen, hips, and thighs.  Therefore, if you do have a pear shaped figure, liposuction may be really good for achieving your aesthetic goals.  Liposuction can be either ultrasound assisted or standard liposuction.  Since both have their own places in plastic surgery, check with your plastic surgeon to determine which type is right for you.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Liposuction can get you motivated and really help your shape.

+1

Liposuction is such a great procedure and easy to undergo.  You are back to work in 2 days and don't have to be put to sleep for it.  It especially helps get your shape looking better.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Can liposuction lead to ideal measurements?

+1

Based on your given height, weight and measurements you are not "extremely disproportionate". Without a photo, I venture to say that you might have some fat on the waist/hips and lateral thighs which can be reduced by more vigorous exercise than what you are doing currently. If this does not seem to help over a 6 months period, than I would consider liposuction. This is a great tool to reshape your body areas with excess fat, but will not alter your bone structure. Do not concentrate on measurements or numbers alone.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon