Liposuction (Abdomen) Bulge and Tenderness?

After liposuction on my stomach since May 18th, I have the common hardening at my lower ab area. My doctor asked that I stopped using the garment and that I massage in the shower. He also recommended that I used an electric massager. It has been almost 4 weeks and I am noticing that the bulge is still very tender but some days it looks bigger than others. Is this normal, and are the recommendations provided by my doctor okay?

Massage after liposuction to smooth out any rippling or bulges is normal

+2
It is normal to have patients massage liposuctioned areas after the surgery to minimize rippling and lumps.  It is important that you do this vigorously especially during the first three months after your surgery.
At 4 weeks it's still early and it's not unusual to have a tender bulge.

Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Clinic

Bulge

+2

It is too early to evaluate your results and it is typical to see some swelling for up to 3 months. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor. I have given similar recommendations to my patients

Michael Hueneke, MD

Liposuction and bulge?

+1

A bulge may represent an area that was under treated, swelling, or even fluid. It is hard to say without an exam.  Follow closely with your surgeon.

Post liposuction bulge

+1

Its common to have areas which are firm and the only way it resolves is tighter compression on the firm area for prolonged time and use of any kind of massage ,like the electric massager and if possible endermology.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon