Liposuction of Abdomen - Post-op Question?

Hi I had liposuction in my lower and upper abdomen last friday and am currently at 6 days post op. I have been wearing my compression garment everyday and only taking it off for a shower. I noticed that my stomach is very soft and numb, I also have a slight pooch at my lower abdomen and overall it looks very loose and saggy in the lower area. Will this tighten up and smooth out over time? I know it may be too early to tell and I should be patient but I am worried that I will have a saggy area!

Need more time to judge final result of liposuction

+2

Liposuction of the lower abdomen especially on woman who have had children is always a questionable area.  If there was good pre-operative elasticity of the skin then  you should be fine.   It will take several more months for you to judge the result.  Liposuction is more about the quality of the skin and the amount of fat you leave behind than the amount of fat you removed.  

Early Liposuction Results

+2

It will take up to 3 months after abdominal liposuction to see the final result. It is very common to see a roll or tube of swelling at the lower abdominal area in the first month or so after surgery. Gravity pulls fluids and blood down to the lower abdomen, often below as to where the garment resides. That will get better with time.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

+2

It is quite early to be worried about outcome. Usually the issue is too much swelling, not skin that is too loose this early. 

This is a visual problem, hard to evaluate without photos. Best will be to discuss with your surgeon at your postop visit.

All the best. 

Post op Results After Liposuction

+2

Thank you for your question. It is too early to determine your results after liposuction. Your body maybe swollen and your skin has not started to tighten. Don't worry, you will start to see improvement soon. 

Liposuction questions

+2

No worries!  It is way too soon to stress over the results.  It takes several weeks/ months to completely heal from liposuction.  Continue to wear your garment as instructed by your Plastic Surgeon, and follow his instructions for your best result.

Liposuction recovery...

+1

Swelling and numbness is normal after you have liposuction.  It is normal to feel soft and number at this point and swelling after liposuction can usually last up to 2-6 weeks after the procedure, depending on how fast you heal.  Wearing the compression garment can help with the swelling, but just be sure to take it off every once in while.  The full results of liposuction are usually visible within 3 months after the procedure.  If you have any questions and concerns please contact your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Plastic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction will not improve skin laxity.  However, swelling can figure prominently into liposuction results.  There is a period of swelling that can persist for 3 to 6 months and sometimes longer.  The key factor in this is to assure that there is only swelling and not a fluid collection that must be drained.  Only a physical exam will be able to sort these issues out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Liposuction and skin laxity

+1

At six days post-op, you will have a lot of swelling and you will have to give it time to heal. The skin may retract a bit as the swelling subsides.