Liposucttion Possible Without Incision in Groin Area?

I am having Liposuction on my abdomen, and flanks. I don't want any incisions in my groin area, even if it's low enough not to show. My plastic surgeon said he will make three on my stomach, and two on my belly button. Is it possible to just go ahead and not make any incisions in the groin area?

Liposuction -Flexibility of incision sites

+1

If you don't want any incisions in your groin area it is possible to use other sites such as  the belly button and at the pubis hair line. Although it  is it possible tonot make any incisions in the groin area, my advice would be for your plastic surgeon to use the  technique he/she is most comfortable with for the best result.

Liposuction works without groin incisions.

+1

Hi.

Typically, you need one incision in the belly button and one in the pubic hair below the belly button.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It might be difficult to provide you with a good result

+1

Without placing some insertion sites in the suprapubic area it might be difficult to provide you with a good result. Most surgeons use only a few insertion sites to work on the abdomen; but , there are those that use a very small cannula and work with a large number of insertions over much of the abdomen. The insertions would still have to extend very close to the groin to even the contour.

Ronald Shelton, MD

The modification that your surgeon has proposed should work fine.

+1

While I standardly make an incision on each side of the abdomen and two in the lower abdomen or upper groin, the modification your surgeon suggest should work well. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD