Swelling and liposuction
With more extensive work, it would stand to reason that you may have more swelling. This can vary from patient to patient.
Have a question?
Ask a doctor
One would anticipate more swelling with more extensive liposuction.
Liposuction is traumatic and the longer the procedure the more swelling would be anticipated on balance. 4000 mL of liposuction is a lot.
Swelling after Liposuction
The amount of fat removed does not directly affect bruising and swelling. Although the more areas of liposuction you have, can lead to more bruising and swelling. Your swelling and bruising is normal and should improve as you heal.
Swelling after liposuction
- Most people see immediate improvement after liposuction,
- Some people swell so that the result is hidden,
- Swelling and bruising is normal, the more bruising, the more swelling there is.
- I have seen patients wait months to see results.
- Give it time. Best wishes.