Could Liposuction Take 3 Inches off the Hips and Thighs?

I have the pear-shaped, 'two bodies' syndrome going on with my bottom half a good dress size larger than the top. I'm 5ft 9, 145 lbs, so not overweight, but my measurements are:

34" bust
27" waist
39" hip
23" thighs.

In an ideal world I would love 36" hip and 20" thigh. Would Liposuction help me achieve this do you think? Many thanks.

Liposuction Results?

+2

The results you should expect from liposuction surgery will depend on the amount of adipose tissue that is present in the area, the quality of the overlying skin elasticity and the surgical skill of your surgeon. These  potential results may be best demonstrated to you by your surgeon in front of a mirror.  This will be a more accurate depiction of what you can expect as opposed to body measurements.

Make sure you seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Liposuction to reduce hip and thigh measurements

+2
Liposuction can successfully reduce the circumferentce of your hips and thighs. The amount to be suctioned would depend on the "pinch" you demonstrate in these areas. If that amount of pinch is present, then it would not be unreasonable to see a significant positive postoperative result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Could Liposuction take 3 inches off the hips and thighs?

+2

Could???

In this world, almost anything is possible but I think you want an answer that is more relevant to your situation. It is helpful if you could send pictures of the condition you want us to address - would you send a friend out to buy you clothing without seeing you first?

ON the up side for you, I have patients that have more than 3" reduced from their circumference. But, you are not them or maybe you are like them physically. Any money spent on a face to face consultation would go a long way to providing the "right" answer for you.

In general, the younger the patient is the greater the chance the skin would retract to the underlying body shape. If your hips or waist is wide, removing "fat" may not get you to your desired measurements. Spend the time and money to get it right for yourself. You have a lot of good options in NY!!

Michael Kulick, MD

Liposuction probably would take off 3 inches

+2

Liposuction can really change a person's life when they are disproportionate. From what you describe, I think you have a good chance of reaching your goals with liposuction. The cost of liposuction of the hips, inner and outer thighs and knees and lower buttocks would be roughly $6000-6500 but what a difference it would make.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Smaller thighs and hips with liposuction.

+2

Hi!

You sure sound like a great candidate for liposuction of the flanks and circumferential liposuction of the thighs and knees. This includes the lateral buttocks.

I would not guarantee a particular number of inches off, but I think you are in the right ball park, and you can expect major size reduction. We routinely see women who go down 2 or 3 pants sizes. In some of our pictures, the before and after bodies really look like 2 different people.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction

+2

Liposuction can successfully treat excess fat or lipodystrophy of the thighs.  It would be difficult to guarantee a degree of reduction but slender thighs would be possible with an improved balance to your body.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for hips and thighs

+1
These areas can certainly be treated with liposuction, as long as the fat there is "pinchable" and it's not mainly comprised of excess skin. Liposuction can remove the excess fat, but it cannot treat loose skin (you'll need a lift to do that). You may find that a particular liposuction method is recommended for a particular area. For example, for areas where the tissue can be more fibrous, ultrasonic liposuction works well. To determine whether you can achieve your goals, please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. It is difficult to assess your situation without a physical examination. Best of luck!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Can Liposuction take off inches?

+1
Yes -- Liposuction is a great option for you because you are at a healthy weight, and you have concentrated areas of fat that you would like to remove. Liposuction will contour you nicely. However, the size (inches) of reduction depends on each person's anatomy and the amount of fat removed. It is difficult for surgeons to predict how much fat will represent 3 inches off your hips and thighs. Be sure to find a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon with proven results in the form of before and after photos. I provide my patients with a touch up procedure 10-12 months after surgery if they would like more fat removed.

German Newall, MD