Liposuction for Someone Weighing 297 Lbs?

I am currently 297 lbs. and I am still trying to lose weight. I exercise, minimize my meals and caloric intake, but the weight refuses to come off. Am I a candidate for Liposuction? I am healthy, no diseases or problems related to obesity. Just overweight.

Liposuction's limitations

+2

I wish I could give you the answer you're wanting to hear, but the truth is you're probably not a good candidate for liposuction given your current weight. Liposuction isn't a weight loss tool.

Liposuction is best used to removed exercise and diet resistant pockets of fat. We actually require our liposuction patients to be within 10-15 pounds of their ideal weight before considering liposuction.

We don't just throw these patients out the door. We assist them to determine a healthy eating regimen (South Beach diet) and exercise routine.

It may take some time to lose enough weight to have the liposuction done, but it also could be that you may not need liposuction if the weight loss happens through diet and exercise.

It won't be an easy road, but it's your best bet to getting and staying at a healthy weight.

Liposuction is not intended to lose weight.

+1

Your risk for perioperative complications is elevated.

Even large volume liposuction which is considered to be 5L of fat bearly weighs 11 pounds.

Will you be happy if you go from 297 down to 286. Will it make a difference?

You may be better treated by bariatric surgery. This will be better for your overall health.