Liposuction for a 19 Year Old?

I'm 19 and yes that's very young but I have a huge stomach. If I get Liposuction in a hospital how much would it be? And how could I get started?

Liposuction, are you a candidate?

+1

Please keep in mind that the stomach may have fat around the intestines and this is behind the muscle wall. Liposuction can not reach that area. Only the fat above the muscle wall is responsive to liposuction. You will need to see an experienced liposuction surgeon to evaluate you during a physical examination to determine if you are a candidate. You can get referrals from your primary care physician or by contacting the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

How's your weight?

+1

At age 19, it is very important to be sure your weight is under good control before considering anything like liposuction. Remember that liposuction IS SURGERY and has risks, even the extremely rare death. So it would be wise to visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ask if you are a candidate for liposuction or whether your tummy should be managed with diet and exercise. Hopefully, the latter is the way to go for you!

Lipo

+1

Go to this website:

www.plasticsurgery.org

There you can find an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Your next step is to make an appointment for consultation.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.