Can I Have Liposuction if I Am Only 10 Stone

i have a consultation this thursday for liposuction, i have already paid deposit, but i'm worried that they are going to say no because i only way 10 stone (140lbs) and i'm 5ft 4inch.

Liposuction for Skinny People

Without photos it would be difficult to give and opinion. For most people even if you are somewhat overweight or underweight as long as your weight is stable and you have excess fat in an unwanted area you may be a good candidate even though you do not have an "ideal weight". You are a candidate for #liposuction if you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise. If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. For the best results, I recommend that you get as close to your ideal weight as possible. Then, seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and tell you the next step.d

Candidate for liposuction?

The ideal candidate for liposuction is someone who, for the most part, is in decent shape but struggles with one or two problem areas that just won't seem to go away.  If your consultation for liposuction is to deal with a "saddle bag", "love handle",  "banana roll", "muffin top" or whatever is bothering you, then you may very well be a good candidate for liposuction. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lipo candidate

Based on height and weight alone, no one can say you are a candidate for lipo. I could say you would not be excluded.

Liposuction works great at 140 pounds.

Since you have a normal height and weight you should be a great candidate for liposuction.  Any normal person with an average body has areas that will respond well to liposuction.    Choose the areas that you want to correct and discuss it at your consultation.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson 

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is not performed for the treatment of obesity. It is ideal for patients who are at their goal weight but can not get rid of areas of contour irregularities due to fatty deposits.  An exam is essential.

Obesity is NOT an indication for liposuction

At 140 pounds and 5'4" you have a BMI of 24 making it normal. Liposuction is best used and produces the best results in people with normal BMI not in the obese. The intent being to sculpt and reduce localized areas of excess. As such you sound like an ideal candidate for liposuction. 

Good luck. 

Liposuction and Weight?

The Ideal liposuction patients are patients who have diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue in localized areas with overlying skin of sufficient elasticity to “bounce back” after the removal of the adipose tissue. It is not meant as a weight loss procedure. Your weight should not be an issue;  you may be an ideal candidate if you fit the above criteria.