Can I Have Liposuction if I Am Only 10 Stone

i have a consultation this thursday for liposuction, i have already paid deposit, but i'm worried that they are going to say no because i only way 10 stone (140lbs) and i'm 5ft 4inch.

Candidate for liposuction?

+1

The ideal candidate for liposuction is someone who, for the most part, is in decent shape but struggles with one or two problem areas that just won't seem to go away.  If your consultation for liposuction is to deal with a "saddle bag", "love handle",  "banana roll", "muffin top" or whatever is bothering you, then you may very well be a good candidate for liposuction. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Lipo candidate

+1

Based on height and weight alone, no one can say you are a candidate for lipo. I could say you would not be excluded.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Liposuction works great at 140 pounds.

+1

Since you have a normal height and weight you should be a great candidate for liposuction.  Any normal person with an average body has areas that will respond well to liposuction.    Choose the areas that you want to correct and discuss it at your consultation.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson 

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Liopsuction

+1

Liposuction is not performed for the treatment of obesity. It is ideal for patients who are at their goal weight but can not get rid of areas of contour irregularities due to fatty deposits.  An exam is essential.

Obesity is NOT an indication for liposuction

+1

At 140 pounds and 5'4" you have a BMI of 24 making it normal. Liposuction is best used and produces the best results in people with normal BMI not in the obese. The intent being to sculpt and reduce localized areas of excess. As such you sound like an ideal candidate for liposuction. 

Good luck. 

Liposuction and Weight?

+1

The Ideal liposuction patients are patients who have diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue in localized areas with overlying skin of sufficient elasticity to “bounce back” after the removal of the adipose tissue. It is not meant as a weight loss procedure. Your weight should not be an issue;  you may be an ideal candidate if you fit the above criteria.