I Had Liposuction 10 Days Ago. My "Panniculus" Though Smaller is Very Hard- Normal?

It now forms a hard lumpy shelf. Is this expected? Will it become flat over time

Expectations after Liposuction

+1

Induration or hardness is normal after liposuction, especially in the first two-week to five-week period. It will gradually soften as the inflamation lessens.

Liposuction after Surgery

+1

It is normal to have swelling even at day 10 after surgery. In fact, swelling can last up to 3 months following any liposuction procedure. The firmness is just swelling and will go away with time. It is important to wear your compression garment as much as you can and continue your follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Liposuction and firmness

+1

If you had a pannu why did you have liposuction?  It sounds like it need to be cut off?  I can not sya for sure without an exam.  Firmness after liposuction is usually induration or swelling that gets better with time. To be sure you should have an exam with your doctor.

Lipo hardness

+1

Areas of hardness or induration in the early period after liposuction is very common and as the swelling recedes in the nest two to three months this will usually resolve. Massage and occasionally ultrasound treatments may hasten this process. Your surgeon will see you and answer any of your questions. Be patient as it is very early.

Richard Linderman, MD