Can Liposonix Be Used for the Neck/Cheek Area?

Can it be used for neck and/or cheek area ? I mean if the person is slim but need to reduce fat in that area?

Liposonix for abdomen

+1
Liposonix is a noninvasive treatment designed to remove stubborn fat deposits. It is primarily used in the stomach. My suggestion is to consult with your doctor to see if this is the best option for you.

Liposonix is not for the face

+1
Liposonix is an ideal fat reduction treatment for areas such as the abdomen and thighs. Liposonix is not FDA approved for the face, but ideal skin tightening can be achieved by treatment with Thermage or Ulthera.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix for the Neck and Face?

+1
No, Liposonix can't be used for the neck or cheek area. To reduce fat in the neck and chin area, patients should undergo tumescent liposculpture or a skin tightening procedure such as Ultherapy.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

No, Liposonix cannot be used on the face or neck

+1

Liposonix can be used on many parts of the body that have at least an inch of fat--I have had great experience using this device successfully and safely on many body parts including abdomen, sides, flanks, love handles, muffin top, back, buttocks, hips, inner and outer thighs, cankles, inner knees, fat around the elbows, underarm area, "back breast", and bra bulges.  However, Liposonix cannot be used on the face or neck areas.  There may be the possibility in the future that a tip which has shallower penetration could be developed to treat the chin and neck areas.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

No.

+1

Currently, Liposonix is not approved for use on the face or the neck. The manufacturer is testing use of the technology in other areas of the body.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon