Would Liposonix be a Good Option for Revision Work After Vaser Left Lumps?

I just read about LipoSonix and it seems to be giving better results than Vaser. I had Vaser performed on me 9 weeks ago and I was wondering if Liposonix would have been a better choice for someone who's 27, and 120lbs? Also, the Vaser has left me with lumps, bumps, and dimples... although it's only 9 months I'm starting to think about what I can do to get my deformities fixed. Could I have Liposonix performed on me to remove the lumps?

We are working on this.

+2

I have treated 3 patients to-date who have bulges from liposuction or laser liposuction. The beauty of the Liposonix machine is that we can customize the size of the pulse to the bulge size. We will not have data on our results until July 2012. We need time and more experience before we can give you an accurate response to your question. I am certain that other doctors who own Liposonix are doing the same thing, so more data will be coming. Also, it appears that the FDA will be approving injection lipolysis, and this may be a better way to go for you. Regards.

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix for correction of VASER lipo problems?

+2

There is little experience to go on in determining whether Liposonix, and completely nonivasive option for localized fat reduction, would be suitable for correction of contour problems after liposuction. VASER also uses liposuction but delivered by contact with a probe placed into the fat. If there was significant skin laxity then contour irregularities are more likely to occur. Since Liposonix treatments may stimulate some tightening along with fat reduction, it makes sense that it could help but we just don't really know at this time.

Richard Baxter, MD