Is Liposonix a Good Alternative for Better Proportions?

I'm a 23 year old male 5'8" about 150-155 pounds. My stomach always looks a little pudgy. My waist is small but there have been times I've weighed less than 140 and still didn't see visible abs. It seems as though all my weight goes there. Also my face is thin and I don't want to get more gaunt. I want to avoid liposuction since the recover sounds long and difficult. I don't have much fat there so I just want to see if Liposonix or any other non-surgical method would be good for me. Thanks!

Liposonix provides non-surgical fat reduction in about an hour

+2

worth of treatment time.  It can be used on abdomens and waists if there is at least an inch of fat to pinch.  Your dermatologist can see if you are a good candidate.  Because there is no surgery involved, there is no downtime.  It typically takes 1 hour for the actual treatment and results can be seen in 1-3 months.  Best to you, Dr. Jacob

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

You appear to be an ideal patient for Liposonix!

+2

The ideal patient for the Liposonix procedure is someone who is in good shape but still has the little "pudge", just like you said. And you are right, if you keep losing weight, you may look gaunt. I would recommend that you visit a physician who has been trained in use of the Liposonix technology, and get their opinion.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Regards.

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix is a good option for contouring the abdomen

+2
Liposonix is a noninvasive technology that uses focused ultrasound to permanently reduce localized fat in a single treatment. as the founding member of the medical advisory board of the company that developed the technology I can say that it works very well for the abdominal area.

Need to pinch an inch of fat for treatment with Liposonix

+2

As of Dec. 2011, I'm one of the first U.S. centers to offer the Liposonix, the first FDA approved fat melting device (approved Nov 2011 for fat reduction of the abdomen and flanks--it can be used off-label to treat other body parts).  It uses high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) to cause lysis or destruction of the fat cells.  There is no other device that can make this claim in the U.S.  It is nonsurgical liposuction, a revolutionary technologic breakthrough.  It is not a replacement for liposuction because you cannot remove the high volumes of fat possible thru liposuction but you can get about an inch reduction (2.5 cm) in fat per treatment per area.  UltraShape also uses HIFU but has not received FDA clearance and is not available in the U.S.  Clinical trials for both devices have shown impressive and consistent results.

You need to be able to pinch at least an inch of fat in the treatment area in order to be a good candidate for LIposonix.

It is important to not get high-intensity focused ultrasound confused with unfocused ultrasound (ie: Vaser Shape).  Only high-intensity focused ultrasound (ie: Liposonix, UltraShape) causes destruction of fat cells, unfocused ultrasound does not.

Web reference: http://www.eastbaylaser.com/

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix?

+1

Looking at your photo you seem like an ideal candidate for Liposonix.  Your issue is pretty well localized in the lower abdomen- an area that Liposonix has had well documented success.  Liposonix treatment should take about 30-45 minutes.  It will take about 12 weeks to see the optimal result.