How Does Diet and Exercise Fit in with Liposonix Results?

I just got liposonix on my lower abs... My question : as far as it was explained to me, this procedure killed fat cells that will now be metabolized by the body over 2-3 months. Does that mean that when I exercise, my body will just be gettin.g rid of thw cellar liposonix killed, or will those fat pounds I burn off be in addition to what my body metabolizes from liposonix? How does diet and exercise fit into results?

Always lead a healthy lifestyle

+1
After your Liposonix treatment it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle. Consult with your doctor to see how you a healing. Good luck!

Liposonix results do not depend on diet and exercise

+1

Liposonix is a noninvasive alternative to liposuction, because both will permanently remove a layer of fat. When the fat cells are destroyed with a Liposonix treatment, the body re-absorbs them over a period of several weeks and the layer that they were in collapses. This process is independent of normal metabolism, and more like the way the body re-absorbs a bruise. Neither liposuction or Liposonix are for weight loss.

Richard Baxter, MD

Liposonix permanently removes a layer of fat

+1

During your Liposonix treatment, fat cells are permanently damaged and those fat cells will be cleared by your body over the next 2-3 months, usually resulting in about an inch of waistline reduction.  The fat cell damage is achieved during the treatment, and further fat loss from diet and exercise will be in addition to the Liposonix results.

Deirdre O'Boyle Hooper, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon