Liposonix on Buttocks?

I have an unusually firm protuberant buttocks and have consulted with surgeons regarding tumescent lipo in this area and all have said buttocks is a tricky area for liposuction. Even if it might yield good results in my case I am worried about possible risk and lack of experience of most surgeons in this area. I am wondering if any physicians have personal experience with Liposonix in the buttocks? Would I need to be concerned at all about the experience of the technician in this area?

Liposonix for buttock fat

+1

Tumescent liposuction of the buttocks can be done. If too much is removed, the buttocks will sag. So you need to consult a surgeon familiar with buttock liposuction. I recommend an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Liposonix, external ultrasound not specifically approved by the FDA for buttock use, will cause the same problem if it gets rid of buttock fat. Many fat reduction machines produce disappointing results a lot of the time. 

Personally I would trust an experienced plastic surgeon who has done a lot of liposuction before I relied on a technician using a machine unproven and untested in the buttock area. 

Caution with liposonix or liposuction for buttocks

+1
Because liposonix is approved in the U.S. For waist reduction there is little experience to draw on for treating the buttock area. With liposuction the risk is deflating the area which could make it saggy. An experienced liposuction surgeon can make the best recommendation for going

Tumescent Liposuction of the Buttocks does Great when done by an experienced Liposuction Surgeon.

+1

If you go to a doc who specializes in tumescent liposuction (someone who just does liposuction only) and does it under local anesthesia and has 20+ yrs experience, then you can feel pretty good that you are going to get the best results. Don't worry about all the gimmicky new laser or ultrasound lipos which are cheap and which tend to have a lot of problems and sound great but give less than great results. Choose the right doc who you feel comfortable with and he will tell you all the advantages and disadvantages of each method. Expect to pay around $5,000 on special for lipo sculpting your buttocks. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Buttock liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the buttocks can often lead to a flattened look that is unattractive if overdone. Make sure you choose an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. The choice of technology (liposonix, smartlipo, vaser, pals, etc.) is secondary to choosing the right surgeon as they all yield comparable results in experienced hands. Good luck!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon