Liposonix. Why Was I Quoted One Price, But Ended Up Paying More?

Why can't my physician explain the liposonix cost to me My fees were quoted 3,000'for three passes of adb and love handles then on the day of tx jumped to 3500 when I asked why I was not given a explanation . My passes were not the highest setting nor did I take medication To add to costs. Does anyone regulate the costs?

Liposonix Cost

+2

Liposonix costs vary from physician to physician. It is hard to say why the cost went up. I recommend asking your doctor why and getting a detailed explanation. It is just good ethical business practice to explain to patients exactly how and why they were charged for any treatment.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

The importance of a pre-Liposonix consultation.

+1

A pre-procedure consultation can help avoid this problem. During a Liposonix consultation,we discuss the benefits, risks, and limitations of the procedure with respect to the area(s) of treatment desired. The patient stands in front of a mirror to show us where they want the treatment. We also asked them to lay on the examination table so that we can assess the patient's anatomy. I think it is important to draw (with a wash-off marker) the exact areas to be treated, and to show the plan to the patient, of course. My staff and I then measure the sites, and then we do the calculations of the total surface area that is to be treated. We also discuss the settings that we will use on the machine, in each pulse area. In that way, we can provide the patient with an exact cost for the procedure. The patient is then provided with the exact fee for the procedure. 

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask your physician about Liposonix fees

+1

Everyone has their own pricing policy for Liposonix. It would actually be illegal collusion for prices to be regulated. It may be that they charged more if they had to do 4 passes because of the lower setting but IMO that should have been clarified in advance if it affects the cost.

Richard Baxter, MD