Is Liposcultpure in Eyebrow Level an Existing Procedure?

I know its not common, but is it a real existing procedure/treatment? when could a subtile liposculpture in the eyebrow area be required? Is it a safe procedure? I was wondering for this, sice my forehead (eyebrow level) looks a (tiny) bit overprojected from (especially) lateral view. I would like to all /more about this specific procedure. It looks like my eyebrows are more upfront the the rest of my face, would like to get a more flatter result if possible. Dont want something drastic.

Liposculpture of eyebrow

+1

It seems that you have received somewhat conflicting answers to your question, perhaps because no photos were provided.  Yes, this could be due to prominence of the bone of the sinuses which would certainly require a different approach to correct.  But it is also true that the fat can be conservatively trimmed or sculpted and this may provide you with the results you are seeking.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

No, there's no fatty layer, to speak of, under the eyebrows.  The superior, or top, of the orbital rim (eyesocket) can have bony protuberances that make the eyebrow and forehead more prominent.  These can be rasped down using a bone rasp through a Brow Lift type forehead flap.

Eyebrow Protrusion Is A Bone Problem

+1

Protrusion of the eyebrow is not a fat problem but is a bone issue. It is the frontal bone and underlying frontal sinus that makes up any amount of brow protrusion. This is not something that can be treated by liposuction but rather requires some amount of brow bone reduction.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction of Forehead?

+1

I do not think liposuction of this area is a safe or effective modality of treatment.  It certainly does not meet the risk/reward criteria I use when recommending surgery.

Forehead

+1

Interesting question. Pictures would surely help. I have had a number of patients through the years with what sounds like your problem and it has been easily corrected by reducing the bone deep to the eyebrow through a forehead lift incision hidden up in the hair. Not sure if this would work for you, though without photos and an exam.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Brow liposculpture

+1

This is a tough one.  The answer is, yes, it's done.  HOWEVER, not very often and only in select cases.  I have do this for brows that have a lot of what is known to Oculoplastic surgeons as the preseptal frontal fat pad.

When I have done it it has been during an upper eyelid surgery where I have access to this fat pad and when I have removed it is has been very concervative.  I would say only Facial Plastic and Oculoplastic surgeons would be up for doing this.  It's not that often that the soft tissue (fat) is what makes the brow too heavy or projected.

I'll also say the results could be unimpressive.

I can't tell  you anything about using an actual liposuction cannula (tube) for the procedure.  I think that may give your some temporary weakness of the brow and excess scaring.  It could reduce the mobility of the eyebrow area.

Now, one thing to keep in mind is that it may be brow bone that needs to be shaved down.  I do this mostly for feminization procedures.

In any case your risks are scaring, brow immobility, unimpressive results, bruising, and forehead numbness.

So all that being said, yes, it is done. . . sometimes.  I would stick with a Facial plastic or Oculoplastic surgeon for this one and get a few opinions.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture in eyebrow area

+1

No board certified plastic surgeon I know would ever offer such a procedure. Your forehead is not a location for excess fat. If you have too much projection it is likely a boney issue. See at least 2 experienced plastic surgeons for  your options. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon