Should I Wait Post Pregnancy When Getting Liposculpture or Liposelection?

I want to get Liposculpture or Liposelection done. I just had a baby but I want to have more. Is it a bad idea to get it if I want to have more kids?

Pregnancies and Liposuction Timing

+2

If you are going to get pregnant again right away then wait on the liposuctioning but if you are going to wait a year or two then the liposuction now makes sense.  Why not look great for a year or two by doing the liposuctioning and lift your self esteem.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture Before Pregnancy

+1

Patients frequently undergo Liposculpture or Liposelection before having more children. As long as you return to the weight you were before the pregnancy, then the lipo results should return as well.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction post pregnancy

+1

Its fine to have liposculpture. You will look good between pregnancies but please realize that the effects may be gone after your next child. No issues from a safety perspective....which in my mind is the most important consideration.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Wait to Have Surgery

+1

Thanks for the question.

Generally it is  in your best interest to complete pregnancies prior to having any type of abdominal surgery. Most patients who have had pregnancies will have much better results with tummy tuck surgery as opposed to any type of liposuction surgery.

When the time is right please consult with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Liposuction Between Pregnancies

+1

While it is okay to have liposuction between close pregnancies I would not normally advise this.  I don't know how long it has been since your last baby but your body will improve on its own with time,exercise and healthy eating.  If it is over 1-2 years since your last delivery, your not breastfeeding and you finished having children then seek a consultation on the best options to get you where you want to be.  This is just my personal philosophy-- you will have to decide for yourself.  Good  luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture results persist past pregnancy if weight gain is moderate

+1

Liposculpture results persist past pregnancy if weight gain is moderate. Liposculpture removes fat cells and if these are not increased during pregnancy there is little to fear.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Patience

+1

You should wait a few months until you have lost all the weight gained during pregnancy. Liposuction will have no effect on future pregnancies.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

More children soon? Then wait.

+1

Congratulations. The answer here revolves around when you are planning to have more children. If the additional pregnancies are planned soon, then wait on the lipo.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after a baby, timing...

+1

First of all, congratulations.   Next, the timing of surgery depends on your family planning.  If you are planning on having multiple children soon, then I would wait.  If you may have one five years from no, that is a different subject.  This is very subjective, and really depends on you.

If you are going to have multiple births, your body may need a tummy tuck and plication, (as opposed to liposuction).  It all depends on your tissues and how your body does with the pregnancies.

Best to go over all of this with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together, you can make the correct choice for you.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Liposuction after pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your new baby! Liposuction is very popular in recent mothers to get rid of some of the most stubborn fat. However, at this time you should focus on your baby and wait for the results of your pregnancy and breast-feeding to wear off. Do not consider surgery for at least 6 to 8 months after your pregnancy or after you have finished breast-feeding.

Pat Pazmino, MD