Advice and Thoughts on UltraShape?

I am very intrested in the UltraShape procedure as I prefer to have a non-invasive procedure. However, I'm not willing to spend near enough to £1000 to get no results or even worse, get burnt. Please can someone give me some advice? Does anyone in UK have experienced the procedure? Thanks.

No guarantee!

+2

There's no guarantee of results with any of the non-invasive techniques...or with even surgery, for that matter. But at least with liposuction, if a surgeon removes a litre of fat, well then, a litre of fat has been removed.

So far as burns go, they are exceedingly rare, and even novice users of the machies today know what to do to make this issue essentially a non-event.

The doctor I know of in UK with extensive experience is Chris Inglefield.

UltraShape

+1
UltraShape treatments utilize noninvasive, nonthermal  ultrasound to selectively destroy fat cells. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultra Shape

+1
Fat reduction is possible with a number of non- invasive devices. Many of them reduce fat by heating or freezing  fat accumulations. These devices usually triggers an inflammatory response that leads to swelling, pain, skin irritation, and occasionally numbness.In contrast, Ultra Shape produces only a tiny amount of heat that does not trigger pain, swelling, or inflammation.in most cases,it is not a substitute for liposuction but  this is a procedure for those patients who wish to have a non invasive procedure with virtually no down time.It has proven in multiple studies(involving thousands of patients) to be a consistent method to smoothly and safely  reduce your waistline, hips or flanks. Most importantly it can produce results in most patients in a few weeks rather than a few months.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

UltraShape works very well - if it's done properly

+1

I have been using the UltraShape system in my clinic for nearly three years. We were the first Plastic Surgery clinic in Canada to obtain one and we have treated over 200 patients. With our patients, the average circumferential loss per area treated is 4.5 cms. (nearly 2 inches) and over 85% of them have lost at least 2 cms. I have presented this data along with many "before and after" photos at medical meetings all over the world. In March of this year, we obatined the very first UltraShape Version 3, which is a substantial upgrade to the original device. It adds RF (radiofrequency) to the ultrasound waves to obtain greater fat cell destruction and some skin tightening at the same treatment. We have used this newer device on over 30 patients and so far, the results have been very consistent and better than with the original device.

Many of the negative opinions about UltraShape have been given by doctors with little or no experience with this machine. Since UltraShape is still not available in the U.S., most of the experienced doctors are in Canada and Europe. The clinics that use a meticulous technique generally obtain consistent, pleasing results for their patients. Let's be clear - UltraShape will never replace liposuction nor be as predictable. However, for patients who refuse to have liposuction it represents a good alternative for long-term fat destruction.

Arie Benchetrit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

I have been dissapointed with the results of ultrashape-I dont think it is worth the cost

+1

Unfortunately all of the non-surgical fat removing devices like Ultrashape have been very disappointing on actual patients in my experience.

While the manufacturers show absolutely fantastic results in photos and other publications, my actual clinical experience has been very disappointing.

Some [patients see benefit. however my experience is that you have to show detailed before and after pics to see results.

If you don't see them when you look in the mirror-then it is not a good result.

This technology is just not as effective as diet, exercise, and liposuction

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Ultra Pulse, Laser Lipoplasty, Liposculpture, Liposuction

+1

Thanks for the question.

You have multiple treatment options for the management of adiposity including diet and exercise, lipoplasty, laser lipoplasty, mesotherapy, and even some non-invasive options such as Ultra Shape. In our hands, there is no substitute for lipoplasty as far as producing the most predictable and satisfying results for patients. However, if you are averse to invasive procedures, I would seriously consider getting a great nutritionist and partaking in a regular exercise regime prior to any other options. This will do wonders for your health and your physique.

Good luck in your quest.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD