Can I Get Liposculpture, a Tummy Tuck and Breast Implants with a Lift All at the Same Time?

My doctor said it was safe enough to get all this procedures done as longest Im in good health but I'm not so sure if that can be possible with out the risks been even higher.

Multiple procedures including breast augmentation, lift (mastopexy) and liposculpture

+1

Of course there are more risks to a lengthier procedure but for individuals in relatively good health, these additive risks are relatively negligible as long as the procedure is done within a reasonable amount of time (<6 hrs).

Multiple procedures at the same time.

+1

The combination of procedures you are describing are done routinely throughout this country every day. In experienced hands the surgery can be done without a significant increase risk of complications. I recommend you find a surgeon who is experienced at doing combination procedures that you are comfortable with and discuss the pros and cons of this approach.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Safety of combining procedures

+1

If the surgery time is limited to less than 6 hours and you are healthy, it should be okay. Good luck,

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

+1

Multiple operative areas are always going to have increased risks. If you are considering out patient surgery or in office surgery than you are asking for too much. In hospital with overnight stay can be done. Be careful out there. Happy Holidays from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Combination surgery should be kept to a reasonable length of time

+1

I try to keep my operative times to less than 6 hours- its possible to complete the procedure in that period of time- but perhaps not. It all depends on how much lipo, and what type of breast lift you need. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Safety of multiple procedures

+1

It is very common to have multiple plastic surgery procedures. One must consider several issues:

1. The health of the patient, the more health problems the greater the risk

2. The experience of the plastic surgeon, some are too slow to do it all at one time

3. The risks do increase with multiple procedures at the same time.

4. The total cost and total recovery time is less when all the porocedures are done at one time

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Safe if appropriate

+1

It is certainly safe to do the procedures together again provided you are in good health, and your surgeon can finish the procedures in a reasonable amount of time.  I try not to do any outpatient procedures longer than 6 hours operating time and Florida prohibits the use of liposuction to remove more than 1000cc of fat when combined with another procedure.  Studies have shown that the longer the surgery and the more fat removed the greater the risk.

Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and opt for safety.  Good luck

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction breast augmentation tummy tuck

+1

Combing procedures is OK, but it depends on the length and type of procedures.  Tummy tuck, breast lift/augmentation is fine.  Liposculpture, well in my opinion, it depends on how much will be removed.  If the amount is small, then I think that it be OK.  Generally, it is safer to have them in two stages.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

Patients who are healthy can tolerate multiple procedures and they can make sense. However, your surgeon should go over the pros and cons of the various combinations. Some procedures work against each other while others increase risks significant (such as abdominoplasty and abdominal liposuction). Liposuction is a safe procedure but if the total surface area suctioned is too great, physiological changes will increase the risk of complication so it is best to limit the areas you liposuction when doing multiple procedures.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Multiple procedures

+1

It depends on your overall health status.  Operations that are longer in duration have higher risks of infection, and blood clots.  You may also need to consider whether this should be done on an outpatient basis.

David A. Lickstein, MD