Liposculpture for Flabbiness and Stretch Marks?

I'm 22 and I had a baby 16 months ago. I gained 60 pounds and was left with 30 pounds of flabbiness and a whole lot of stretch marks. Is it possible for that fat to be injected in my buttocks and calves, then cut the rest off? I don't want a tummy tuck because of the huge scar. Will Liposculpture do the job without major scars?

Liposuction won’t help stretch marks, but can help sculpt your figure.

+1
There are a few reasons why women notice a post-pregnancy paunch: first, because of excess fat that settles around the abdomen; second, because the muscles have separated after the pregnancy and are now stretched out; third, because the skin itself has been overstretched during pregnancy and isn’t springing back to normal like it should. Liposculpture can only remove excess fat. If your belly is due to muscle or skin laxity, these would need to be repaired through a tummy tuck. Liposuction works best on patients who have already reached their target weight, so if you’re still 30 pounds above and beyond where you’d like to be, lose the weight first and then schedule a few consultations.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after children

+1
There are several factors when a young lady wishes improvement in the abdomen after having their first child or children.

First, a combination of changes occur including stretch marks, muscle widening, extra skin and/or fat that can feel chubby that may want to be improved.

Second, more pregnancies may occur.

A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is usually not performed until a women has decided that she does not want any more children, but pregnancy after a tummy tuck has happened.

A person should initially attempt to lose weight back to her desired amount.  This is the safest and most cost effective treatment for you.  In reality this is difficult for people to do.  So if you find a weight you are comfortable at then a patient can see a plastic surgeon.  They may still suggest losing weight first for your safety.

If your weight is reasonable stable and there is not a significant risk to procede, then the options are liposuction vs a tummy tuck.

If you plan on more children, then liposuction is the only option.  The amount of skin retraction will depend on the elasticity of your skin.  Stretch marks, generally, signify the skin is less likely to retract back to a flat abdomen. 

if you are done having children, then both liposuction and a tummy tuck are options.  Occasionally a combination of the two can be done.  Nobody wants the larger scar of a tummy tuck, but this usually gives the best result as it can correct all the changes that occurred during pregnancy.  Liposuction can only remove the fat.  The results of this can be variable on the remaining skin.  Most women accept the scar as a reasonable trade off of the greatly improved abdominal contour. 

With liposuction and/or a tummy tuck, fat can be removed and place in the buttock, face or other areas.
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs. tummy tuck - Los Angeles

+1

Patients who do not want large scars may be candidates for tummy tucks.  Based on examination, it would be important to see if you are now a candidate for liposuction with your stretch marks. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/plastic-surgery/43/liposuction.aspx

Liposuction vs. tummy tuck

+1

In my experience, the normal "bulge" that women see after delivering will often respond to liposuction which works best specifically to improve contour in cases like this.  but it will not help with stretch marks.  It does not sound like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck as 1. it may not be necessary and 2. you must be willing to accept a relatively long incision for improved body contour.  Good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Liposculpture for flabbiness and stretch marks.

+1

Stretch marks are the cause of skin that has been damaged by expansion. With that being said, Liposuction would not help remove stretch marks or loose skin. Sounds like you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck, if you are done having children. Patients will trade the tummy tuck scar for the results achieved from a tummy tuck. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, who is experienced in liposuction and tummy tucks to be examined and answer your questions.

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Based on your history and description you are not a good candidate for liposuction surgery.  Because of your concern for  "huge scars” you are also not a candidate for tummy tuck surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

+1

Either way, my recommendation is to try to lose weight and get back to a normal BMI.   16 months is still early after having a baby-- give yourself some time.  Then, consider your options.  If your stomach still seems very loose and you have difficulty tightening your stomach muscles you may need a tummy tuck. Still, some women don't want the scar, the anesthesia and down time. At our center, we perform laser liposuction and do get some degree of skin tightening with that procedure.  In my experience, stretchmarks are not improved with liposuction and I would recommend a profractional laser treatment at a separate time.  This would be discussed in detail with you during an in depth consultation.  Have patience and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.vargasfaceandskin.com/body-procedures.php

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture for post baby weight

+1

In this case, it’s hard to comment without seeing the patient in person.  If there is a lot of excess skin, then a tummy tuck may be the best solution. With liposculpture, the skin will usually retract pretty well, but not if there are like 5 inches of extra skin. The scars from liposculpture are very small and it’s a great procedure, but I’d have to see it to know if it will work well in this case. Sometimes we use laser with it to tighten the skin so that may be a possibility.   For the other question, yes we can transfer fat to the buttocks very successfully but we usually don’t transfer it to the calves.   I would suggest this patient have a consultation with an experienced dermatologic surgeon to determine the best options.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Stretch marks, small butt, droopy belly and thin calves: what's a girl to do?

+1

Fat can be taken from the abdomen and injected into the buttocks, Injection into the calves is less predictable and more prone to complications in some individuals. IF you remain well above your ideal body weight, your best option is to lose weight. There are few successful interventions for non-surgical treatment of stretch marks. Therefore your best bet is a tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Liposculpture for flabbiness and stretchmarks

+1

While liposculpture alone will improve some flabbiness such as a hanging apron of an abdomen, patients with significant flabbiness will usually require a tummy tuck if their skin elasticity is poor. Stretch marks may be improved with laser assisted liposculpture but will usually require fractional laser resurfacing as a follow-up procedure.

Chicago Dermatologist