Liposculpture, BBL and Breast Augmentation?

Will I be able to have a BBL, Liposculpture, and breast augmentation at the same time? I am 26 years old with 1 child. I do not want a tummy tuck. Will the lipo allow my skin to retract? What is the estimated cost? I was thinking about getting the surgery in the Dominican republic. How long should I take off from work?

Mommy makeover

+1

There are several issues to discuss in your question.  First, I frequently combine Liposculpture, Brazilian Butt lift and breast augmentation in healthy patients. It does complicate the recovery process when I operate on the front and back of the body at the same time.  You will need to lay on your sides for several weeks after surgery.

It is impossible to tell whether or not you can achieve your desired abdominal results with liposuction alone without seeing you.  I can tell you that liposuction does not create elasticity of the skin.  If you have stretchmarks and loose skin on your abdomen liposuction alone will not fix that.  In fact, if you already have loose skin after pregnancy, liposuction without a tummy tuck may make the appearance of loose skin even worse.  You will need a consultation to determine whether or not you would benefit from a tummy tuck.

I am VERY concerned about surgery performed outside the US.  While there are certainly qualified doctors in other countries, I would recommend your staying in the US for your surgery.  Different countries have different standards for education and licensing potentially making it hard to determine who is qualified to perform your surgery.  Language barrier could be an issue as well as access to follow up care.  It will be VERY hard to convince a US plastic surgeon to take your case if you have a complication after surgery outside the country.

+1

Always is necessary do a consultation.It is hard to determinate if you will have good retraction of the abdominal skin without seeing your photographs.

I particularly like do a good (aggressive) liposuction and fat transfer fist and then breast  or vice versa, depending on the priorities of the patient.

Walkiris Robles, MD

+1

Dear BB,

Thank you for your question.  All of these surgeries can be done at the same time.  After a baby, you likely have loose skin in the belly area.  The liposuction will likely make that skin looser, rather than 'retract'.  I recommend an in person consultation to discuss these issues.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

You Need for Formal Consult

+1

It sounds like you need a formal consult. Have a lot of issues that need to be discussed. No one can tell you whether you need a tummy tuck vs liposuction or not via this forum. I would not get all procedures done at the same time. If you go to the Dominican Republic to have surgery it will be difficult to find a surgeon in United States for your aftercare.

Good luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction and BBL

+1

Liposuction does not cause significant skin retraction but you can certainly have liposuction with a BBL if you are a candidate.  I would  avoid going out of the country to have it done, you may have a complication and how will your surgeon be able to treat you if you are home?

Liposculpture and BBL

+1

Liposculpture and BBL may certainly be performed at the same time. I do not recommend patients undergoing breast augmentation at the same time. While this is feasible, optimal position changes within surgery as well as during the recovery will compromise the final result of either the breast augmentation or the BBL. I do agree with Dr. Hughes, BBL procedure should be done by experienced surgeons who perform this procedure regularly with ultimate sculpting and volume added and done correctly the first time as to provide the optimal results.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

+1

I perform these procedures together.  The liposuction will likely not improve the quality of the skin.  Going to other countries for a cheaper alternative may seem like a good idea.  However, the results of the Brazilian buttlift are highly surgeon dependent and highly variable.  It is important to get the Brazilian buttlift correct the first time.  This will end up saving you the most money.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA