I'm Considering Liposection but I Can Only Afford One Part of my Body. Should I Get my Obliques Done or my Abs? (photo)

I want to look smaller waist wise but I'm afraid if I just do my abs my obliques will still look fat. Help!

Liposuction

+3

Based on your pictures, you look like you would benefit from liposuction of your abdomen, flanks and lower back.  If all three areas are too expensive, you need to decide which area is most important for you.  You can also see if your surgeon will do your anterior flanks at the same time as your abdomen which may be a good compromise.  In most cases, I do the anterior flanks at the same time as the abdomen and the posterior flanks at the same time as the lower back, since I feel this gives the patient the best result.

Good Luck.

+2

Hi, thank you for your question.  It is hard to be sure from the photos.  Usually, the love handles will give you a slimmer, elonged look if you have those done.  I think you are right, that if you have the abdomen only done, the sides will look bigger.

We are located in Tampa.  Look at our webside for before and after photos.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Which area to liposuction

+2
This is an excellent question and one that I get a lot from patients because, realistically, not everyone has enough money to have all the procedures they'd like to have. So, ask yourself, which area bothers you most? I think you may have answered your own question. Let me also suggest that you ask for fees with and without the obliques. It will probably be less expensive to combine the two procedures than to have them separately and so you might want to be a little patient, save up the difference and have one procedure because there may be a significant saving. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction to Abs and Hips

+1
If you can only do one area, I would recommend that you do your obliques hip area over your abdomen. Doing the hip area will make you look slimmer and longer than doing the abs. I usually do the abs and hips together and it is more affordable that way.

Stanley Castor, MD

Which one first

+1

There really is no set way to determine priority in which area to suction.This is your decision entirely.Whichever area bothers you the most is the one to do first.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Since these areas are in such close proximity you result may not be very aesthetic if you do just one area. You might be better off saving more money to do the whole thing or financing part of your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Liposuction, what areas?

+1

whenever patients ask me this question, which is quite frequently in fact, my answer to them is if youre considering liposuction of the mid section of your body, get the whole area treated. if you dont have the money to do it then wait until you have the money for it. otherwise dont do it.

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction in One ares or More Areas

+1

As the other consultants have said, it is more cost efficient to do all bothersome areas at one time. But that may not be possible, so always go for the area that concerns YOU the most. Or you can always tell the surgeon that you want both areas done and you have a certain amount set aside, but can't do both so you aren't going to do anything, he may give you a break and reduce his charge.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Abdomen and sides/hips would be most cost effective if liposuctioned at the same time.

+1

It is more cost effective to spend around $5-6,000  on special to get the abdomen and sides/hips done together than to spend 9,000 for 2 procedures done separately.  Save up the money to get it done right and by a great surgeon rather than going cheap and having unhappy results.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

For liposuction consider the whole picture

+1

We find it hard to break up liposuction into small areas and think more as regions -- abdomen and waist, back and flank, hip and thigh etc. If we consider the whole picture, we can better contour and feather one region into the other. If the cost is too high, you might wait to get the best result, or you just might get another opinion to see if another surgeon has the big picture in his surgical lipo plan.