What Does It Mean to Lipoprotein an Area of Fat? Specifically in the Pubis Region.

Treatment options for lipodystrophy

+2

Fat in the pubic region is a frequent complaint.  I am often confronted with this problem in women who are candidates for abdominoplasty.  I am assuming that what you are referring to involves injection of a substance into the region.  Injection lipolysis is a controversial cosmetic procedure in which drug mixtures are injected into patients with the goal of breaking down fat. This practice, using drugs generally based on phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate (PCDC), evolved from the initial intravenous use of those drug formulations to treat blood disorders.  I don't know what a "lipoprotein area" treatment is, but I am fairly sure that it is not an accepted practice.  The FDA recently sanctioned med spas offering injectable fat treatments.  When treatments sound too good to be true, they generally are.  But it is a good idea to attain several opinions.  You may be able to visit several board certified specialists in your area at no charge.  The only accepted methods I know of for treatment of excess fat in a region are liposuction, and laser lipolysis.  I hope this helps. 

Lipoprotein a fatty area is not an accepted term in the medical cosmetic surgical terminology

+1

Some physicians try to coin terminology and claim it for themselves as the originator.  Lipoprotein is a noun not a verb. It refers to the carriers in the blood of our fatty molecules and how they are distributed to the liver from the gut for processing. It has nothing to do with liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipoprotein fatty areas sounds suspect

+1

No recognized treatment for fat deposits with the name lipoprotein of an area exists in the current world of cosmetic surgery. We would suggest you avoid such recommendations and do better homework when choosing a cosmetic surgeon. Current forms of liposuction are proven means to reduce fat deposits in the pubic area.

peterejohnsonmd

Lipoprotein a fat area?

+1

If you are suggesting mesotherapy, the paucity of research on the subject in the medical leterature would suggest to me to avoid it for now.  If you have a full mons pubis, you are probably better off having liposuction of the area.