Considering Lipo, But Worried About Weight Gain After Lipo? (photo)

I have been considering lipo on my love handles + poss stomach. Im worried about weight gain after lipo. Ive always been the same size + shape since I was 15 (Im now 27, with the exception of 1 inch gain from change of pill) I dont exercise + never dieted but always stayed the same size + shape. If I continue my current habits, will my lipo results last? Or will I just end up gaining weight? Will I have to up my excercise to maintain the lipo affects? or can I carry on as I am now?

Liposuction and Weight Gain after Liposuction

+1

If weight is held stable after liposuction, the results are maintained.  If you gain weight, then the results can be lost.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction results should last a long time

+1

Since your waist has been so stable for such a long time, the liposuction results should also last a long time and look great. Liposuction by the tumescent technique under local anesthesia with the micro canulas would give you the fine tuning results to flatten the tummy and bring the side in nicely and easily. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Longevity of liposuction results.

+1

In reality, nothing is ever forever, But relatively speaking, if your lifestyle is healthy and stable, which it sounds like it is, then your liposuction result should last quite a while. However, to some extent, I hope the photos you show aren't you because it is quite a natural, attractive, and normal figure.There is a fine line between hitting a homerun with an ideal candidate and creating a deformity by trying for perfection.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Liposuction results are permanent when weight is maintained.

+1

If your weight remains stable, the are liposuctioned will maintain its size permanently.  If you gain weight, the fat must somewhere.  The suctioned area will not be able to add a lot so the fat would be deposited in another area.