Lipoma Treatment Advice?

I have two lipomas in the lower head area, and few around the waist region. It has been over three years since I have had these lumps, and a few of them have been slowly increasing in size. What should I do?

Lipoma recurrence

+1

Recurrence of a lipoma is suggestive of incomplete excision.  Reexcision is often more difficult as there is more scar tissue.  I advise patients to undergo reexcision early. 

Removal of multiple lipomas

+1

The removal of multiple lipomas in one setting can be a straightforward procedure. Your best bet is to be evaluated by board-certified plastic surgeon as they will be able to determine the size, the location, and the depth of the lipoma. These are the most important factors in planning your surgery. Your surgeon will be able to show you where they can place the scar so that it is in an inconspicuous location and so that it will heal in the best manner possible.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Lipomas

+1

The most important thing is to be absolutely certain that these are lipomas and not a tumor. You should consult a physician to detemine that. Once it has been established, then you can undergo excision of the lipomas or liposuction to minimize the scarring. If the lipomas do not cause you any discomfort or aesthetic deformity, you can leave them alone as well.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon