I Had a Lipoma About the Size of a Golf Ball Removed from the Back of the Neck. When Will Pain Subside? (photo)

I attach a photo and although its only been eight days, I have problems sleeping and feel some pain. Please advice how long the pain would normally last. I did have some muscle tissue ciut to remove all the lipoma.

Post lipoma surgery pain

+1
It is common to have discomfort post surgery and this should dissipate daily. The position of the lipoma removal is also in an area where you are lying on while sleeping etc and may be aggravated. If the pain continues on I would suggest seeing your surgeon for a follow up and proper diagnosis. Best regards

Lipoma pain

+1

Pain following surgery is normal and usually subsides within several weeks.  If your pain doesn't continue to improve or if it worsens, you should see your surgeon again.

Elan B. Singer, MD