I Have a Lipoma on the Inside of my Thigh Invovling Nerve Pain to my Thigh While Standing, What Type of Surgeon Do I Look For?

Lipoma removal and nerve pain

+1

A good surgical dermatologist or plastic surgeon can remove this. If any felt it was out of their scope upon examination, they should refer you out to a specialist, but it really depends on where the nerve pain is going, how intense it is, etc. A lot of times simply removing the lipoma will just end the nerve pain so it's not necessary to see anyone more specialized. I'd at least start with a surgical dermatologist or plastic surgeon, with body experience.

Lipoma on thigh that requires surgery

+1
I remove a lot of lipomas from patients and it is a very common procedure with a minimal downtime. Upon consultation and examination of a patient, if there was any reason I felt that it was in the patients best interest to refer them to another type of surgical specialist then I would. I would consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and after examination and history and physical he/she would refer you to a specialist if out of their particular scope of medicine. Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD